SI Technology Previews
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SI Technology Previews
Here's a "small annoying thing" for your next "we listen" push: the lack of "silver" subscription for Softimage,
making it the most expensive software of the "mighty" 3 (yes, I mean Max, Maya & Softimage) to maintain...
Or else cheaper crossgrade offers (to Max or Maya) might be an idea also.
;)
making it the most expensive software of the "mighty" 3 (yes, I mean Max, Maya & Softimage) to maintain...
Or else cheaper crossgrade offers (to Max or Maya) might be an idea also.
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Clagman
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 16:28
Re: SI Technology Previews
First post, been lurking for bit. If we are talking about little things to fix...I'd like to be able to select multiple channels in the animation editor and right click>perform command on all at once. It would be nice to be able to have Soft come up in last layout (opened panels and their positions), don't force soft to come up in facerobot layout if it's active. A bit more indepth would be the selection tools. Currently only the marqee tool can select through elements. It seems they should all follow the same rules/settings when it comes to raycast etc. A little more trouble might be to make snap rotate/scale tools. Oops I'm getting off track I guess...
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: SI Technology Previews
That's not a small annoying thing that can be fixed by the developers on the Softimage team. ;)Hirazi Blue wrote:Here's a "small annoying thing" for your next "we listen" push: the lack of "silver" subscription for Softimage,
making it the most expensive software of the "mighty" 3 (yes, I mean Max, Maya & Softimage) to maintain...
Or else cheaper crossgrade offers (to Max or Maya) might be an idea also.
;)
I'm curious, do you really want "Silver"? The current Silver offering actually includes a level of support. There's a huge amount of support cases from Silver subscription customers (eg Max and Revit). Or do you really want "updates only, no support" ?
-
JPWestmas
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 21:35
- Skype: Jason Westmas
Re: SI Technology Previews
This may be off topic, but as a one man band, I've never needed what is called paid support over the telephone. So maybe software updates only should be an option. On the other hand using forums and reading documentation might not be an option in an emergency situation. ![On the phone :)]](./images/smilies/100.gif)
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: SI Technology Previews
Sadly yes, "Silver" would be good, as some support might come in handy still , but my urgent plea has nothing to do with the level of support, but with my personal financial situation, which is dire, I'm afraid...xsisupport wrote:I'm curious, do you really want "Silver"? The current Silver offering actually includes a level of support. There's a huge amount of support cases from Silver subscription customers (eg Max and Revit). Or do you really want "updates only, no support" ?
;)
PS... And judging from the Max/Maya pricing, "Silver" would at least enable me to return to the pricing we enjoyed in Europe before the last major pricing update...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: SI Technology Previews
+1 for what Hirazi just said.
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: SI Technology Previews
Even though there isn't a cat in hell's chance of them changing their minds I'm going to +1 as well, one of the worse decisions made by autodesk lately.
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: SI Technology Previews
Im sorry, what was that, Max and Maya have a separate subscription rate called 'Silver' ? what is the difference between Gold & Silver subscription? Does someone know because I cant bear the thought of wading through that atrociously designed website to try and find the information I need. I did have a go, but how the hell does a choice of Core Benefits, Select Benefits , Compare, Customer Views & Get Started (to the cloud) have anything to do with my subscription for Softimage exactly? think Im getting old and grumpy 
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: SI Technology Previews
Silver does not include phone support, and the service level agreement (SLA) is not as good as the Gold SLA (which basically means you don't necessarily get an answer as fast).Tekano wrote:Im sorry, what was that, Max and Maya have a separate subscription rate called 'Silver' ? what is the difference between Gold & Silver subscription? Does someone know because I cant bear the thought of wading through that atrociously designed website to try and find the information I need. I did have a go, but how the hell does a choice of Core Benefits, Select Benefits , Compare, Customer Views & Get Started (to the cloud) have anything to do with my subscription for Softimage exactly? think Im getting old and grumpy
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: SI Technology Previews
Thanks Stephen, So for a long standing customer that has never made a phone support call , and don't mind an extra wait on the very rare but impeccably dealt with support requests that I've made... why this would be perfect for them, like myself - a freelancer who also owns their own subscription. I wonder what the reason was therefore to deny this silver request and subsequently double the subscription price...? perhaps to then be able to introduce silver later on at the old gold price..? seems a bit fishy to me.
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: SI Technology Previews
I dont think i'll renew the sub, here in europe costs 1089€. Its a bit too much actually almost 1/3 of the whole package. I agree on havin an update only sub for half of that price or something. That price is way too high and force people to quit the sub in my opinion, especially freelancers or people that doesnt need phonecall service.
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: SI Technology Previews
I personally know of 2 freelancers who dropped their subscription when the price increased, and I had to think long and hard about whether to continue!
I did ....... this time!
I did ....... this time!
-
JPWestmas
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 21:35
- Skype: Jason Westmas
Re: SI Technology Previews
I'm honestly only personally interested in AD products because of what softimage offers. Would be a shame if I couldn't afford it one day. 
-
Sil3
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:17
Re: SI Technology Previews
Speaking about "little annoying things"...
Where is GOZ for Softimage?
I don't mean some custom user script.. I mean the OFFICIAL Autodesk Version like Maya and Max have for like two years or more...
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/features/GoZBrush/
Its dam nice to see Max and Maya support for version 2009 through 2012 and Softimage didn't even had any version...
Is there any official reason why GOZ for Softimage was never officially developed or made available? There must be one and we Softimage users would love the read about it
Where is GOZ for Softimage?
I don't mean some custom user script.. I mean the OFFICIAL Autodesk Version like Maya and Max have for like two years or more...
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/features/GoZBrush/
Its dam nice to see Max and Maya support for version 2009 through 2012 and Softimage didn't even had any version...
Is there any official reason why GOZ for Softimage was never officially developed or made available? There must be one and we Softimage users would love the read about it
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: SI Technology Previews
this topic was just discussed.
GoZ for maya, 3dsm, modo, cinema 4d developed by Pixologic.
Pixologic seems haven't any interest in softimage (poor users base?). but Pixologic release for free SDK for anyone want make a GoZ for other, not just supported, applications. This is the case of Lightwave. AD have not interest in GoZ, because they want push (obviously) MudBox (as anyone know, exist the "send to mudbox" button in softimage under File menu), so they don't "waste" time doing a plugin for a competitor. I think that all.
Need someone (user or little company), expert and with a goodwill, using Zbrush SDK and make this really nice plugin, without this messiah, we'll never see GoZ button in our nice softimage GUI.
GoZ for maya, 3dsm, modo, cinema 4d developed by Pixologic.
Pixologic seems haven't any interest in softimage (poor users base?). but Pixologic release for free SDK for anyone want make a GoZ for other, not just supported, applications. This is the case of Lightwave. AD have not interest in GoZ, because they want push (obviously) MudBox (as anyone know, exist the "send to mudbox" button in softimage under File menu), so they don't "waste" time doing a plugin for a competitor. I think that all.
Need someone (user or little company), expert and with a goodwill, using Zbrush SDK and make this really nice plugin, without this messiah, we'll never see GoZ button in our nice softimage GUI.