That would be great!!:)owei wrote:Hi there!
Just bought my license for V-Ray for Softimage. As tested it before, I would like to know if there is interest in a little walkthrough video..I could do something like that in the next days..so let me know ;)
cheers,
oli
Vray for Softimage official release
Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
V-Ray 3.0 for Softimage Chaosgroup recently released the Softimage plugin for VRay 3.0.
Built on V-Ray's core platform of rendering speed, stability, and quality, V-Ray® for Autodesk® Softimage® is an advanced rendering solution for the VFX and animation industries. VRay for Softimage includes ICE support, efficient Global Illumination, versatile shaders, and much more.
What's New in V-Ray 3.0 for Softimage? New progressive production renderer for interactive and production rendering New VRaySkinMtl with layered reflections and artist friendly controls Render Mask to specify render regions using an object selection or image mask Deep Image support including OpenEXR 2.0 output emFluid 5 is integrated with V-Ray for SI. For a full list of improvements, see
V-Ray-3.0-for-Softimage.pdf (archive)
Price per license is 750€ / $1040 / 650£ or 74€ / $103 / 64£ for an educational license. It is a free upgrade for all current V-Ray for Softimage users.
Link to the vray online documentation (archive). For a previous version, the thread V-Ray for Softimage: Tutorials and Walkthrough was created on si-community.com as a means to gather community knowledge, starting
with an indoor lighting video tutorial created by Oliver Weingarten.
Built on V-Ray's core platform of rendering speed, stability, and quality, V-Ray® for Autodesk® Softimage® is an advanced rendering solution for the VFX and animation industries. VRay for Softimage includes ICE support, efficient Global Illumination, versatile shaders, and much more.
What's New in V-Ray 3.0 for Softimage? New progressive production renderer for interactive and production rendering New VRaySkinMtl with layered reflections and artist friendly controls Render Mask to specify render regions using an object selection or image mask Deep Image support including OpenEXR 2.0 output emFluid 5 is integrated with V-Ray for SI. For a full list of improvements, see
V-Ray-3.0-for-Softimage.pdf (archive)
Price per license is 750€ / $1040 / 650£ or 74€ / $103 / 64£ for an educational license. It is a free upgrade for all current V-Ray for Softimage users.
Link to the vray online documentation (archive). For a previous version, the thread V-Ray for Softimage: Tutorials and Walkthrough was created on si-community.com as a means to gather community knowledge, starting
with an indoor lighting video tutorial created by Oliver Weingarten.
product page: http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/vray_softimage.html?our=0215 (archive) / si-community thread (V1.5) / si-community thread (V3.0)
-
diissar
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 08 Nov 2011, 23:17
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you come up with - would be nice to see an animated character with hair, to see whether it holds up... I don't ask for much do I?!owei wrote:Hi there!
Just bought my license for V-Ray for Softimage. As tested it before, I would like to know if there is interest in a little walkthrough video..I could do something like that in the next days..so let me know ;)
cheers,
oli
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
Hey!
I´ve started a new thread for tuts and walkthrough.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2199
Stay tuned ;)
@mattmos
..oops...yes, a little to much for now ;) I would like to start with an indoor setup, just to get a first taste ;)
I´ve started a new thread for tuts and walkthrough.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2199
Stay tuned ;)
@mattmos
..oops...yes, a little to much for now ;) I would like to start with an indoor setup, just to get a first taste ;)
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
azurecgi
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 10:11
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
I vote for 'animation with GI' and I don't mean just 'camera animation' 

-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
Regarding the sharing of licenses between vray for SI and for Maya, discussed earlier in this thread:
So that means, if I want to use my additional vray licenses from maya with softimage, I have to buy additional xsi batch licenses?
For a lack of other words: Autodesk, are you out of your mind?
Thats how it is. If youre paying for software you´re the one who gets the kick in the butt. No more money from me for Autodesk.
Bye.
from here: http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk ... eing-used/
You have five Batch licenses, so you can run xsibatch on at most five machines. Doesn’t matter what renderer you use.
So that means, if I want to use my additional vray licenses from maya with softimage, I have to buy additional xsi batch licenses?
For a lack of other words: Autodesk, are you out of your mind?
Thats how it is. If youre paying for software you´re the one who gets the kick in the butt. No more money from me for Autodesk.
Bye.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Kerro Perro
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
- Location: Leiden, the Netherlands
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
You can just send it off to vray standalone can't you? Don't need xsibatch for that...
It even says that in the thread you linked...
It even says that in the thread you linked...
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
That doesn´t matter. It´s this overall ridiculous licensing policy I´m so tired of (among many other things). It´s the limitation of batch licenses, that made chaos group sell Vray for Si with only 5 Rendernodes, not some courious marketing desicion. I just can´t bare Autodesk anymore. Sorry Softimage team.Kerro Perro wrote:You can just send it off to vray standalone can't you? Don't need xsibatch for that...
It even says that in the thread you linked...
Edit: You can´t "just" export to vrscene and render. I have a scene, 160 mb, static geometry, 2500 frames. It takes about an hour to export, generating a file about 16 gig in size. This takes five times longer to load than to render. So without additional batch licenses I´m just screwed. Thank you so much Autodesk, you just blew a project for me.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
Sneak peek V-Ray 3.0 (not necessarily for Softimage) presentation:
http://vray.info/news/article.asp?ID=553
http://vray.info/news/article.asp?ID=553
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
scaron
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 03:16
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
i am not sure of your issue entirely but we use the -processing flag so we only use the renderer license (arnold in our case)Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:That doesn´t matter. It´s this overall ridiculous licensing policy I´m so tired of (among many other things). It´s the limitation of batch licenses, that made chaos group sell Vray for Si with only 5 Rendernodes, not some courious marketing desicion. I just can´t bare Autodesk anymore. Sorry Softimage team.Kerro Perro wrote:You can just send it off to vray standalone can't you? Don't need xsibatch for that...
It even says that in the thread you linked...
Edit: You can´t "just" export to vrscene and render. I have a scene, 160 mb, static geometry, 2500 frames. It takes about an hour to export, generating a file about 16 gig in size. This takes five times longer to load than to render. So without additional batch licenses I´m just screwed. Thank you so much Autodesk, you just blew a project for me.
http://xsisupport.com/2013/04/23/unlimited-batch-rendering-with-xsibatch-processing/
this sounds like an issue with the way chaos group chose to package and sell its product. we buy standalone licenses, not plugin licenses... this makes our licenses very valuable and usable across applications. again... this sounds like a chaos group issue.
there are plenty of things to complain about when it comes to autodesk and softimage... but this isn't one of them.
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
My post you are referring to is from last year and it's obsolete. I didn't know it was possible to use the processing flag then.scaron wrote:i am not sure of your issue entirely but we use the -processing flag so we only use the renderer license (arnold in our case)Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:That doesn´t matter. It´s this overall ridiculous licensing policy I´m so tired of (among many other things). It´s the limitation of batch licenses, that made chaos group sell Vray for Si with only 5 Rendernodes, not some courious marketing desicion. I just can´t bare Autodesk anymore. Sorry Softimage team.Kerro Perro wrote:You can just send it off to vray standalone can't you? Don't need xsibatch for that...
It even says that in the thread you linked...
Edit: You can´t "just" export to vrscene and render. I have a scene, 160 mb, static geometry, 2500 frames. It takes about an hour to export, generating a file about 16 gig in size. This takes five times longer to load than to render. So without additional batch licenses I´m just screwed. Thank you so much Autodesk, you just blew a project for me.
http://xsisupport.com/2013/04/23/unlimited-batch-rendering-with-xsibatch-processing/
this sounds like an issue with the way chaos group chose to package and sell its product. we buy standalone licenses, not plugin licenses... this makes our licenses very valuable and usable across applications. again... this sounds like a chaos group issue.
there are plenty of things to complain about when it comes to autodesk and softimage... but this isn't one of them.
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
scaron
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 03:16
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
whoopsie! sorry about that. hirazi posted the vray 3.0 news making the thread new again and i forgot to check the posting date... i am such an amature!Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:My post you are referring to is from last year and it's obsolete. I didn't know it was possible to use the processing flag then.
s
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
No, I take full responsibility for this mix-up.
I should have opened a new thread instead of resurrecting this old one... ;)
I should have opened a new thread instead of resurrecting this old one... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Vray for Softimage official release
Prepare to be spanked!Hirazi Blue wrote:No, I take full responsibility for this mix-up.
I should have opened a new thread instead of resurrecting this old one... ;)
I'm now part of an endangered species...