PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
PhysX Fluid Simulation This ICE compound wraps a CUDA implementation of the SPH fluid algorithm and allows
a very fast particle simulation of fluids on NVidia GPUs. A CPU mode is also available;
it is rather fast as well and not limited by the available GPU RAM.
CPU mode can be used as the default mode or as a fallback mode.
See the si-community thread linked below for details and tips on using this compound. Here's a test video by Tekano with 2 million particles.
local backup: Waterfall_FX.rar
See the si-community thread linked below for details and tips on using this compound. Here's a test video by Tekano with 2 million particles.
local backup: Waterfall_FX.rar
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
this looks like a lot of fun, sorry I havnt had time yet to have a go with the new version Oleg, soon I hope!
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
ChrB
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 11:26
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
Thanks for this great implementation!
Is it possible to do self collision with eg a box shaped particle?
Thanks
Christian
Is it possible to do self collision with eg a box shaped particle?
Thanks
Christian
Arnold for the masses!
-
Mr.Core
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 10:35
- Skype: giga-core
- Location: Kharkov, Ukraine
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
>>Is it possible to do self collision with eg a box shaped particle?
You can easily build an array of topology with cube primitive shape and drive it by particles and "transform topo" node
>>this looks like a lot of fun,
It really looks amazing! And there are also a couple videos with their RD on GPU cloth with long constraints - also very impressive stuff and I hope they will add it soon
You can easily build an array of topology with cube primitive shape and drive it by particles and "transform topo" node
>>this looks like a lot of fun,
It really looks amazing! And there are also a couple videos with their RD on GPU cloth with long constraints - also very impressive stuff and I hope they will add it soon
-
perryharovas
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 21:45
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
Hi Mr. Core,
Just want you to know what a great plugin this is.
I have one issue though:
I have an nVidia Quadro 600 and a nVida Tesla C2075
As far as I can tell, I should be able to see CUDA, but this error seems to suggest that the plugin
can't see a CUDA card.
Is that what it means? It seems to run fine without the GPU button checked, but as soon as
I check it (or press play on a scene where it is set to use GPU, such as your demo scenes) I get this error.
Maybe I have to update a driver or something?
Any help would be most appreciated!
Perry
Just want you to know what a great plugin this is.
I have one issue though:
I have an nVidia Quadro 600 and a nVida Tesla C2075
As far as I can tell, I should be able to see CUDA, but this error seems to suggest that the plugin
can't see a CUDA card.
Is that what it means? It seems to run fine without the GPU button checked, but as soon as
I check it (or press play on a scene where it is set to use GPU, such as your demo scenes) I get this error.
Maybe I have to update a driver or something?
Any help would be most appreciated!
Perry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
perryharovas
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 22 Dec 2011, 21:45
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
I figured it out, sorry to bother you!
This may help others:
I downloaded the nVidia Maximus Configurator and it helped me to select which card was for graphics and which card was for compute.
Here is the link:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/maximus.html
Thank you again for an amazing plugin!
Perry
This may help others:
I downloaded the nVidia Maximus Configurator and it helped me to select which card was for graphics and which card was for compute.
Here is the link:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/maximus.html
Thank you again for an amazing plugin!
Perry
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
Just had a chance to try this a bit. Wow! This is great! Now I'll be stuck on it all weekend... 
-
Mr.Core
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 10:35
- Skype: giga-core
- Location: Kharkov, Ukraine
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
@perryharovas
Thanks for confirmation, I was curious that whether it works on quadros and tesla's
Thanks for confirmation, I was curious that whether it works on quadros and tesla's
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
Just have to say this is one of the finest SI additions to date. So fast and easy to use! A big thanks to Mr. Core!!!!
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
Anybody got it working with the old gtx 260? Just updated the drivers, but no luck
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
Mine is working on a GTX 285 just fine, I assume they're about the same in function/features. What error are you getting?
-
caledonian_tartan
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:13
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
it's working on a quadro 4000 over here! and it is fast!

SI 2015 @ WIN7-64
-
TwinSnakes007
- Posts: 316
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
There is not 32bit plugin in the d/l, only 64bit.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
From the original post:
as most of the Softimage crowd seems to have turned "64".
;)
Sadly for those still "on 32-bit" this is a limitation you'll encounter often these daysMr.Core wrote:Builded and tested under 2012 sp1, win x64 only.
as most of the Softimage crowd seems to have turned "64".
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
TwinSnakes007
- Posts: 316
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
Well crap, I'm not getting a new system til December.
Oh well, CUDA Bullet will have to do til then.
-TS-
Oh well, CUDA Bullet will have to do til then.
-TS-
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
works now!
# INFO : [PX][SPH]: Succefully created PxWorld!
# ERROR : [PX][SPH]: Get CUDA support failed!
# INFO : [PX][SPH]: Created PhysX World!
# INFO : [PX][SPH]: Succefully setted Fluid Attributes
# INFO : [PX][SPH]: ADD STATIC OBSTACLE: STAT OBS ADDED SUCEFULLY!
says it cant get CUDA to cooperate, but it is already significantly faster then Lagoa
# INFO : [PX][SPH]: Succefully created PxWorld!
# ERROR : [PX][SPH]: Get CUDA support failed!
# INFO : [PX][SPH]: Created PhysX World!
# INFO : [PX][SPH]: Succefully setted Fluid Attributes
# INFO : [PX][SPH]: ADD STATIC OBSTACLE: STAT OBS ADDED SUCEFULLY!
says it cant get CUDA to cooperate, but it is already significantly faster then Lagoa
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
TwinSnakes007
- Posts: 316
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00
Re: PhysX Fluid Simulation in Softimage ICE
Its working for me too...
on 32bit OS!
-TS-
on 32bit OS!
-TS-