adrencg -did you try recreating your user profile? I don't see those crashes at all, switching back and forth all day. There must be some plugin or corrupt part of your install to get this many crashes...
j3st3r - that's got to be a bug, same thing happens here, hard crash on boolean-ing those two objects, unless I move the sphere by 0.0001 in z, then its fine. How precise do you need to be? ;)
How are you guys doing with 2014? It seems very buggy to me.
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: How are you guys doing with 2014? It seems very buggy to me.
Another "instant" classic when troubleshooting would obviously be runonce.batmattmos wrote:adrencg -did you try recreating your user profile? I don't see those crashes at all, switching back and forth all day. There must be some plugin or corrupt part of your install to get this many crashes...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: How are you guys doing with 2014? It seems very buggy to me.
zapping your user profile is a good idea because it would indeed remove plugins.
btw, i dont know if this is related, but in an internal newsletter I read that there has been an nVidia driver update pushed through windows update that is causing a spike of crashes in all autodesk apps, so it might be worth looking at the driver
btw, i dont know if this is related, but in an internal newsletter I read that there has been an nVidia driver update pushed through windows update that is causing a spike of crashes in all autodesk apps, so it might be worth looking at the driver
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Re: How are you guys doing with 2014? It seems very buggy to me.
I believe that runonce may have solved a few problems, including the construction mode crashing.
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Re: How are you guys doing with 2014? It seems very buggy to me.
Actually, no it didn't fix the problem. The construction mode crash is a bug.
If you want, I'll post a scene to test my problem. One thing that's odd about these crashes is that sometimes I'll try to restart Softimage and I'll get a "no interactive license" error, and then I have to go into LMTools to force a server shutdown and restart the license server. Does this tell you anything that could help narrow down the problem?
Please help with this issue because Softimage has been driving me crazy lately.
If you want, I'll post a scene to test my problem. One thing that's odd about these crashes is that sometimes I'll try to restart Softimage and I'll get a "no interactive license" error, and then I have to go into LMTools to force a server shutdown and restart the license server. Does this tell you anything that could help narrow down the problem?
Please help with this issue because Softimage has been driving me crazy lately.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: How are you guys doing with 2014? It seems very buggy to me.
I'd say, go for it. Although I have absolutey no guarantee (obviously, I hope),adrencg wrote:If you want, I'll post a scene to test my problem.
if I can figure it out, I'd be willing to look at it...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Re: How are you guys doing with 2014? It seems very buggy to me.
About that license server thing...how would crash of Softimage cause the license server to crash also? By the way, weight painting is still a very dangerous process. You guys should take a hard look at it because it's not stable.