Softimage 2014
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Softimage 2014
Thanks Eric , could not have put it better myself ;)
@ojo3D Yuo can rarely go wrong with the digital tutors stuff. There was a time when their SI training was outdated and somewhat lacking, but that has changed a great deal over the last two years or so. Just wish you could still get the DVD's ;(
@ojo3D Yuo can rarely go wrong with the digital tutors stuff. There was a time when their SI training was outdated and somewhat lacking, but that has changed a great deal over the last two years or so. Just wish you could still get the DVD's ;(
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
amincgi
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 01 Jan 2010, 22:14
Re: Softimage 2014
Very very Bad Update Softimage 2014 
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Softimage 2014
No biscuit I am assuming ?amincgi wrote:Very very Bad Update Softimage 2014
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
Grims
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 18 Dec 2012, 14:57
- Location: Portugal
Re: Softimage 2014
How curious!
Only the 2014 version of Softimage is available in the Autodesk site. No other 2014 programs of the Entertainment Suite are available... I'm downloading the trial now...
Only the 2014 version of Softimage is available in the Autodesk site. No other 2014 programs of the Entertainment Suite are available... I'm downloading the trial now...
The Future is Gloomy!
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: Softimage 2014
Just curious - has anyone with subscription received any information about release yet? bit odd that its out as a trial before I've had an email about download availability...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Softimage 2014
Strange is when they start doing what you'd expect..
From this I'd say the release date probably will be 12/04/2013.
All Autodesk 2014 Product Keys are here, "ours" is 590F1
From this I'd say the release date probably will be 12/04/2013.
All Autodesk 2014 Product Keys are here, "ours" is 590F1
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Softimage 2014
Our key is there as well.
Confirmed that the SI 2014 trial is available.
and still nothing in the subscriber downloads.
I suspect your right about the 12th of April ;) Just in time to play with it on the weekend ;)
You can also get the free 2014 version for students fro the student download center as well now.
Confirmed that the SI 2014 trial is available.
and still nothing in the subscriber downloads.
I suspect your right about the 12th of April ;) Just in time to play with it on the weekend ;)
You can also get the free 2014 version for students fro the student download center as well now.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
mixepix
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 09 Aug 2010, 13:17
- Location: Sweden
Re: Softimage 2014
The High Quality Viewport seems broken.
Is it the same for everybody or is it just my computer?
----------------------------------------
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
http://vimeo.com/mikaelpettersen
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Softimage 2014
They must updated just now about 3 or 4 hours ago i checked and it was still 2013.
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Softimage 2014
Getting 6K per second on he ADSK Download manager. I suspect the downloads are being hammered, well like nothing I can say and not get banned from the forums ;)Bullit wrote:They must updated just now about 3 or 4 hours ago i checked and it was still 2013.
Moderator edit & not completely serious: Implying/claiming the si-community bans users so easily SHOULD be a bannable offense (but it isn't). I am the grumpy old man editing out certain content (forbidden by the forum rules, I might add). Apart from the odd accompanying "stay off my lawn", nothing has happened so far... And I do enjoy creative ways of "not mentioning" it. - HB
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: Softimage 2014
I never ever got an email to inform me of a new release or something. They only email if your subscription fee is due.mattmos wrote:Just curious - has anyone with subscription received any information about release yet? bit odd that its out as a trial before I've had an email about download availability...
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Softimage 2014
LoL they never miss that one. Have to say havent heard a peep out of our re-seller at all.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Softimage 2014
I told my wife what its was that I wouldnt say. Her face turned a nice shade of purple and she didnt speak to me for a while ;)angus_davidson wrote:Getting 6K per second on he ADSK Download manager. I suspect the downloads are being hammered, well like nothing I can say and not get banned from the forums ;)Bullit wrote:They must updated just now about 3 or 4 hours ago i checked and it was still 2013.
Moderator edit & not completely serious: Implying/claiming the si-community bans users so easily SHOULD be a bannable offense (but it isn't). I am the grumpy old man editing out certain content (forbidden by the forum rules, I might add). Apart from the odd accompanying "stay off my lawn", nothing has happened so far... And I do enjoy creative ways of "not mentioning" it. - HB
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
benoit81
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 03 Oct 2011, 18:51
Re: Softimage 2014
About new GPU Ambiant Occlusion :
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e761690
I do not manage to make it work, I select GPUAmbiantOcclusion as render channel but it is very slow and the screen is black (maybe I should update the drivers ?). Ambiant occlusion for HQV works a bit better, but it's hard to tweak, not as easy and nice as 3ds max realtime AO (are they in the same company, do they have the right to talk to each other and share ideas ?) ?
I like the new Unfold you can pack UV easily, work also for several objects. Great !
I have not tested Camera sequence, I do not see the usage for realtime 3D ;;)
Well, a transparent update : no new tool to learn. Hopefully we can play with Redshift witch is very promising !
http://download.autodesk.com/global/doc ... d30e761690
I think that there is an error, also why the default value is "3" ?Number of iterations for ambient occlusion. More number of iterations result in better quality, but slower computation. The recommended values are squared numbers (1, 2, 4, 9, and so on).
I do not manage to make it work, I select GPUAmbiantOcclusion as render channel but it is very slow and the screen is black (maybe I should update the drivers ?). Ambiant occlusion for HQV works a bit better, but it's hard to tweak, not as easy and nice as 3ds max realtime AO (are they in the same company, do they have the right to talk to each other and share ideas ?) ?
I like the new Unfold you can pack UV easily, work also for several objects. Great !
I have not tested Camera sequence, I do not see the usage for realtime 3D ;;)
Well, a transparent update : no new tool to learn. Hopefully we can play with Redshift witch is very promising !
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Softimage 2014
Isn't that for rendering instead of viewport?
I don't think it is for HQV.
I don't think it is for HQV.
-
adrencg
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50
Re: Softimage 2014
Why is the 2014 demo available, but I don't see 2014 in my subscription center downloads?