Hi I think you can do it already with particular snap options, but It wont give you visual feedback until you click mouse button.druitre wrote:Hi Piotrek,
two suggestions/requests:
- a 'snap to center of element' button. For placing stuff exactly on center of polys or midway between two verts.
- tooltips, similar to your other plugins, and the lower bar with a short mouseclick explanation.
thanks, Jasper
quickPrimitive
Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
QuickPrimitive v0.93 Updated September 2012 to support light primitives, new preference options. Following
the popular QuickInset modeling tool (listed below), Piotrek releases this new custom tool, allowing the
user to draw primitives interactively.
This can be done using a number of preset objects (pickable from a radial array), and using a variety of placement/creation options such as on surface/on scene grid, along curve, align along X/Y/Z axis, create UV projections, snapping, merge etc.
A video introduction is available here. See the si-community thread linked below for more details.
local backup: quickprimitive_093.xsiaddon
This can be done using a number of preset objects (pickable from a radial array), and using a variety of placement/creation options such as on surface/on scene grid, along curve, align along X/Y/Z axis, create UV projections, snapping, merge etc.
A video introduction is available here. See the si-community thread linked below for more details.
local backup: quickprimitive_093.xsiaddon
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: quickPrimitive
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: quickPrimitive
to bump my question... ;-)
Is there a simple way to have the cube length set to 1, instead of 0,01 and have silly scale numbers
Or a preference to set this? I use 1 or 10 a lot for archviz.
cheers,
rob
Is there a simple way to have the cube length set to 1, instead of 0,01 and have silly scale numbers
Or a preference to set this? I use 1 or 10 a lot for archviz.
cheers,
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: quickPrimitive
I would need to recompile the plugin, setting cube length to 1 is easy but altering scale is a must since there is no box primitive in SI.
Recently I've been run over by car while cycling, I hope in a week my hand will be operational so I will go back to plugin development...
Recently I've been run over by car while cycling, I hope in a week my hand will be operational so I will go back to plugin development...
-
Memag
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 23:37
- Location: Tits
Re: quickPrimitive
Oh damn, I hope you'll be okay Piotrek.origin wrote:I would need to recompile the plugin, setting cube length to 1 is easy but altering scale is a must since there is no box primitive in SI.
Recently I've been run over by car while cycling, I hope in a week my hand will be operational so I will go back to plugin development...
Rest and heal, plugins can wait.
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: quickPrimitive
That sounds pretty serious! Glad you're still with us!origin wrote:Recently I've been run over by car while cycling, I hope in a week my hand will be operational so I will go back to plugin development...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: quickPrimitive
QFA. Get well soon...Memag wrote:Oh damn, I hope you'll be okay Piotrek.
Rest and heal, plugins can wait.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
-
bottleofram
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:21
Re: quickPrimitive
Speedy recovery, origin! Hope it leaves you with no consequences.
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: quickPrimitive
3 Cheers for Origin - the toughest coder known. Gets run over by a car, sends the car to hospital and keeps right on coding!
That must be some sort of record!
That must be some sort of record!
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: quickPrimitive
geez man, best wishes on your recovery!
just saw some new stuff on vimeo... the tweek uv thing is so cool, how come nobody thought of that before?
just saw some new stuff on vimeo... the tweek uv thing is so cool, how come nobody thought of that before?
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: quickPrimitive
Hi Piotrek,
I hope you'll have a speedy recovery, and be back 'in business' real soon.
rob
I hope you'll have a speedy recovery, and be back 'in business' real soon.
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: quickPrimitive
Get well soon and don't rush the hand recovery, best wishes from the UK!
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: quickPrimitive
Best wishes! (And yes, the UV-tweaktool looks fantastic)
- Jasper
- Jasper
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: quickPrimitive
Hi Piotrek,
Sorry to bother you with this one again, but is there a chance any time soon you can do a recompile for the scale=1, on the cube primitive?
The odd scaling on the cube is messing with my archviz modeling ;-)
cheers for any updates you have the time for,
rob
p.s. Good to see you're up and running again, so to speak.
Sorry to bother you with this one again, but is there a chance any time soon you can do a recompile for the scale=1, on the cube primitive?
The odd scaling on the cube is messing with my archviz modeling ;-)
cheers for any updates you have the time for,
rob
p.s. Good to see you're up and running again, so to speak.
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: quickPrimitive
Is cube size = 1 and scale=1 ok?
btw anyone on ATI? my gtx285 just died and i bought radeon 7870, I might be wrong but first impression is that my tools run slower..
btw anyone on ATI? my gtx285 just died and i bought radeon 7870, I might be wrong but first impression is that my tools run slower..