Great work done with Softimage
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Great work done with Softimage
Hey guys!
Please don´t post stuff like "nice tests" and RND here. I think this thread is meant for bigger or even full projects. Thanks!
cheers,
oli
Please don´t post stuff like "nice tests" and RND here. I think this thread is meant for bigger or even full projects. Thanks!
cheers,
oli
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
-
Grims
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 18 Dec 2012, 14:57
- Location: Portugal
Re: Great work done with Softimage
Hello There!
Thought that Vitaly Bulgarov latest project should be in this topic (as it is about "great work done in Softimage"). It is called Black Phoenix Project and you can see all of it in his website: http://www.bulgarov.com/
Thought that Vitaly Bulgarov latest project should be in this topic (as it is about "great work done in Softimage"). It is called Black Phoenix Project and you can see all of it in his website: http://www.bulgarov.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Future is Gloomy!
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Great work done with Softimage
removed...was already posted 
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Great work done with Softimage
2010 still good.
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Great work done with Softimage
I would call this interesting work where Softimage was used for modeling, charater animation of a Realtime short.
Passion Pictures, Unity 4.0 and Nvidia: The Butterfly Effect
Slides from FMX 2013 with diverse steps:
http://fr.slideshare.net/RenaldasZioma/ ... ng-shading
The Butterfly Effect is a short CG animated film Passion Pictures has made in partnership with Unity, the games engine developers using the new Unity 4.0 3D software. The film was written and directed by Dan Sumich and is a homage to the classic action films from the 1970s through to the 1990s, with a soundtrack by the legendary heavy metal vocalist Steve Grimmett. An ordinary looking guy wakes up one morning feeling the worse for wear and realises he’s run out of milk. As he drags himself out of the house to go and buy some, an extraordinary sequence of events draws him into a journey of mayhem on the streets of San Francisco.
Passion Pictures, Unity 4.0 and Nvidia: The Butterfly Effect
Slides from FMX 2013 with diverse steps:
http://fr.slideshare.net/RenaldasZioma/ ... ng-shading
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Great work done with Softimage
Recent from Felix Geremus the continuation of paper series.
For an explanation: http://felixgeremus.com/
For an explanation: http://felixgeremus.com/
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Great work done with Softimage
(or watch it on io9.com for slightly larger view)
(Quoted from here)(...) all rigging and animation (not to mention a considerable amount of topology work) is Softimage (...)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
ActionArt
- Posts: 853
- Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:23
- Location: Canada
Re: Great work done with Softimage
Real nice work by SHED on IGA commercial. Includes great behind the scenes info
http://shedmtl.blogspot.ca/2013/05/iga- ... urmet.html
edit by owei: I´ve added the [vim] tag ;)
http://shedmtl.blogspot.ca/2013/05/iga- ... urmet.html
edit by owei: I´ve added the [vim] tag ;)
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Great work done with Softimage
Continuation:
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Great work done with Softimage
Yeah, this looks amazing. I'm really interested in the muscle system they developed, as in a sneak peek into the ICE setup. 
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Great work done with Softimage
It's very impressive and breakdowns are always over too quickly.
I'm particularely interested to know more about the pumping heart and blood. I've never heard of anything like this being done before .
I'm particularely interested to know more about the pumping heart and blood. I've never heard of anything like this being done before .
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: Great work done with Softimage
Some explanations in the link but not about that: http://groups.google.com/group/xsi_list ... 55939b5fb6
They still used partially the old hair, and melena an unofficial discontinued plugin which says something about current ice one.
They still used partially the old hair, and melena an unofficial discontinued plugin which says something about current ice one.
-
SquirrelSa
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 25 Oct 2010, 07:44
- Location: South Africa
Re: Great work done with Softimage
Absolutely amazing work - you guys rock, and seriously well done to the team. Impressive and inspiring. My idols.
Creativity can be whatever the mind of man can conceive
http://ryananimation.prosite.com
https://vimeo.com/ryananimation
http://ryananimation.prosite.com
https://vimeo.com/ryananimation
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Great work done with Softimage
At this point I'm pretty sure that's a gimmick. I mean it's not for nothing, experimenting with new stuff is always good for something, but I bet nobody would see a difference if they remade that without the circulatory system.SamHowell wrote:It's very impressive and breakdowns are always over too quickly.
I'm particularely interested to know more about the pumping heart and blood. I've never heard of anything like this being done before .
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides