j3st3r wrote:Hey Mathaeus.,
That looks really awesome. Can you tell me how did you set up SSS? For me it doesn't want to work, there's a quite large difference between MR's SSS and 3delight SSS. I figured out that it's some kind of issue with scaling, but not sure
Hi Jester,
I know you know this, 3delight just emulates the mi_sss_fast stuff, internally that's a different shader, with ability to do a color variance by itself. If you'll get the same result in every condition, that would be miracle, I think.
How does it match the scaling of subsurface effect, it seems it's defined in "misss_fast_shader.sl" in RSL folder (I know you're coder too

).
You'll find the code about scaling somewhere after "uniform float scale = i_scale;"... Before this, there's what shader is doing in subsurface precomputing phase ....., after this, there are subsurface scattering parameters.
What final result (in 3delight) you'll want for for human skin at 1SI Unit= 10cm, it seems to be something around 0.012 - 0.016. I got this value from
hillybilly test by xsi base member kissb, it worked nicely for me too.
For this image, I've used something from my kitchen, what you'll already get by applying a 3dl subsurface attributes to object with any standard XSI shader, but with two modifications: shading in precomputing phase is changed to 'all direction' ( Nn instead of default Nf), and ability to multiply the scattering by color/texture. As it is for now, it looks like a good old Diffusion or Md SubScatter - just one layer, back-scattering is not so pronounced. Preset is "Skin2". Even it works nicely, I have no idea does it cause problems somewhere else.
Cheers