Good job, indeed!Hirazi Blue wrote:Hirazi Blue wrote:(...) but because Mark pointed out one important aspect of the thusly, newly improved Face Robot: it becomes feasible to attempt using it WITHOUT mocap data.
softimage 2011 is near.....
-
Zafar Iqbal
- Moderator
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 09:04
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
- Zafar Iqbal
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
I don't know what to make of this, but apparently the new Softimage 2011 comes with a free version of Craft Director Studio... More info can be found here
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Wow..that is pretty awesome. I can't hardly wait until 2011 ships!
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
You haven´t read the whole new features list, have you?pimeto wrote:Seriously dude!!Hirazi Blue wrote:@pimeto
Hmmm, that sounds a bit harsh...![]()
Looks like a very solid update to me!
The "hero feature", stable/"supported" ICE Kinematics might surprise us all!
And somehow I get the feeling this is a release with updates "all around", not just one feature enhanced, but several main aspects of the software addressed by new features...
I'm going to miss the legacy particles, however...
You nailed it - a solid update - not a final release!
Cmon, now. I dont say that most of the features are not cool but the biggest and most important part of XSi, which makes it "a great addition to maya or 3dsmax" is the crappy old mental ray renderer!
170 new mental ray shaders ? wtf... if you look at it, the new and modern renderers have a couple of shaders that make it all - Vray, Maxwell etc, etc...
They put thousands of shaders, camera shaders and god know what else... and so what ?
I end up learning like for months the god damn renderer, to render a turntable of my model !?
WTF ??? Cmon people, this is the biggest expectation we XSI users need!!!
I hope the guys at Chaos speed up thing with Vray and give us a release this year
I really like this new version, because even if I don´t like mentalray very much, the new features make every days work a lot eaysier.
And there is a lot of new functionality, like the shaderediting for example. I feel this is a very autodesk-untypical update, and I´m a big autodesk critic (you can see that I refuse to write autodesk with a capital A... ). With the new lipsynctool even I as a non character specialist am going to use facerobot, wich I otherwise maybe never did, so it adds a whole new value to the package for me. And ICE-Kinematics! This will completely change the way I animate or do setups. Stereoriggs, complex constraining, automation, the possibilities are endless and not only for characteranimation. Then consider the changes under the hood, always very improtant for thirdparties who make tools and plugins or renderes, the only things by the way, that make 3ds max so "great". Even Vray will get benefits from this "update". So, I consider this an new version, not only an update.
And if you ever work with all the three autodesk 3d apps side by side, what I do quite regularly, you would never ever say Softimage doesn´t work.
regards
achim
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Autodesk is gearing up for the upcoming release of Softimage 2011, placing two pdf-files online
2011 brochure
Quoting Phil Taylor on the awesomeness of ICE Kinematics sounds a bit strange, as he himself seemed to have played an important part in its (early) development...
Top reasons to buy
The number one reason to buy Softimage: "A Powerful Companion to Maya".
/ 
2011 brochure
Quoting Phil Taylor on the awesomeness of ICE Kinematics sounds a bit strange, as he himself seemed to have played an important part in its (early) development...
Top reasons to buy
The number one reason to buy Softimage: "A Powerful Companion to Maya".
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Yeah - thats exactly what maya needs: a powerful companion. ;) glad they admit it eventually...Hirazi Blue wrote: The number one reason to buy Softimage: "A Powerful Companion to Maya"./
achim
I'm now part of an endangered species...
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:Yeah - thats exactly what maya needs: a powerful companion. ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Stephen Blair has added this post to his blog concerning the Craft Director Tools.
Still leaves some questions unanswered, obviously, but it's better than no info at all... ;)
Still leaves some questions unanswered, obviously, but it's better than no info at all... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
dwigfor
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Very cool. Thx for the link.
-
slayczar
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 18:34
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Here is an email I sent to softimage regarding the future of the product on 9/16/2010:
Dear Brittany,
Thank you for reading this message.
It may or may not be fully clear that there are concerns regarding the acquisition of Softimage by Autodesk and the future of the product. The lack of its presence from the Autodesk top level product list at www.autodesk.com as well as Stig Gruman’s quote regarding Softimage as a “great addition to Maya or 3ds Max pipelines…” leaves the impression that Autodesk is throttling-down development interest in the product and is planning a (seemingly imminent) phasing out of it altogether.
Is there a statement that you could provide to the large community of Softimage users that the product will continue to be developed and supported, or is the lack of its verbosity an omen?
Sincerely Yours,
Caesar Hernandez
And here was her response on 9/17/2010:
Hi Caesar,
Thanks for your email. I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I will be sending you an official statement that can be shared with the community shortly. I don’t manage PR for Softimage, so I’m not the best person to answer your questions. Unfortunately those who work on the Softimage communications team are on post-IBC vacation until next week.
I do know for sure that Autodesk is committed to the continued development of Softimage, but I will send you a better answer that addresses your specific questions early next week.
Have a great weekend!
Kind Regards,
Brittany
Brittany Bonhomme
Public Relations Manager
I have not received anything else from Autodesk but will post here when I get something.
~C
Dear Brittany,
Thank you for reading this message.
It may or may not be fully clear that there are concerns regarding the acquisition of Softimage by Autodesk and the future of the product. The lack of its presence from the Autodesk top level product list at www.autodesk.com as well as Stig Gruman’s quote regarding Softimage as a “great addition to Maya or 3ds Max pipelines…” leaves the impression that Autodesk is throttling-down development interest in the product and is planning a (seemingly imminent) phasing out of it altogether.
Is there a statement that you could provide to the large community of Softimage users that the product will continue to be developed and supported, or is the lack of its verbosity an omen?
Sincerely Yours,
Caesar Hernandez
And here was her response on 9/17/2010:
Hi Caesar,
Thanks for your email. I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that I will be sending you an official statement that can be shared with the community shortly. I don’t manage PR for Softimage, so I’m not the best person to answer your questions. Unfortunately those who work on the Softimage communications team are on post-IBC vacation until next week.
I do know for sure that Autodesk is committed to the continued development of Softimage, but I will send you a better answer that addresses your specific questions early next week.
Have a great weekend!
Kind Regards,
Brittany
Brittany Bonhomme
Public Relations Manager
I have not received anything else from Autodesk but will post here when I get something.
~C
-
steven07
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 05:30
- Skype: stevenpalomino
- Location: Kansas City
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Be very interesting to see what they say. Keep us posted!
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
It will be interesting, because I'm not sure what you are expecting from a reply, that hasn't already been said by Luc-eric, Chinny, Maurice and myself, in this forum and others. We kinda going round in circles really.
-
slayczar
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 18:34
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Contrary to what you may believe, not everyone reads every single post (as was proven by the reply to my post). So why don't you enlighten us again as to the official postion of Softimage.
Thanks
Thanks
-
slayczar
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 23 Sep 2010, 18:34
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Correction * official position of Autodesk (still can't get used to that)
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
A Softimage messageslayczar wrote:Contrary to what you may believe, not everyone reads every single post (as was proven by the reply to my post). So why don't you enlighten us again as to the official postion of Softimage.
Thanks
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: softimage 2011 is near.....
Looking forward to it, an official statement written by a public relations manager will probably/hopefully at least sound better than the increasingly irritable (perhaps understandably so) rebuttals of all these silly rumors we've gotten so far, even if it's content won't ultimately differ from these rebuttals...an official statement that can be shared with the community shortly
Stay safe, sane & healthy!