
Landscape and forest
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: Landscape and forest
Loving the expressions, his teeth. Definitely unique! Though the clash of the hard "wood" hair style with the real hair beard is... if you think about it too much, odd. But REALLY loving what you are doing. How long will the animation be? Can't wait to see the final. Really can't!
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Landscape and forest
Not a big fan of mixing the "real" hair with the cardboard one, but otherwise the characters look great!
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Landscape and forest
They look so lifelike, indeed mostly because of the mesmerizing gaze and expressions.
Really Stunning Work!
For the lattices, have you tried/considered also using a lowrez version of your models as user defined lattices?
Really Stunning Work!
For the lattices, have you tried/considered also using a lowrez version of your models as user defined lattices?
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Landscape and forest
Thanks everyone!
Regarding the hairthing: yeah, it wasn't a problem in earlier stages when everything was much more foam/cardboardlike with just a little bit of 'real' hair mixed in but as I've progressed and it's starting to look more and more lifelike I agree it starts to clash internally, or aesthetically. I tried a version with a hair-moustache already and wasn't too happy with it so didn't pursue that. Maybe I can try and find something more in between hair and blocks of clay. For the wife it worked much better, I think.
FxDude: can you explain a bit more about that technique? How do I set up a lowres as lattice to a hires?
Regarding the hairthing: yeah, it wasn't a problem in earlier stages when everything was much more foam/cardboardlike with just a little bit of 'real' hair mixed in but as I've progressed and it's starting to look more and more lifelike I agree it starts to clash internally, or aesthetically. I tried a version with a hair-moustache already and wasn't too happy with it so didn't pursue that. Maybe I can try and find something more in between hair and blocks of clay. For the wife it worked much better, I think.
FxDude: can you explain a bit more about that technique? How do I set up a lowres as lattice to a hires?
-
geoath
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 03 Sep 2009, 18:24
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Landscape and forest
Yes sorry, I remembered deforming using low rez objects, and Lattice being in the list of deforms.
Lattice deform which indeed needs a lattice object.
But "By cage" is what I meant.
(their multi-threaded and fast too)
Lattice deform which indeed needs a lattice object.
But "By cage" is what I meant.
(their multi-threaded and fast too)
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Landscape and forest
Since I finished the characters I'm mainly focusing on animating them but while doing so I found that the setting for the scene I've started with (the forest I posted in this thread around april last year) wasn't quite in line with my current design. It was all much too realistic/after nature.
Hence, a few updates, now a lot more miniature/clay/foam-style:



And that together with my characters:

Hence, a few updates, now a lot more miniature/clay/foam-style:



And that together with my characters:

-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: Landscape and forest
That's a fantastic update, I'm totally digging the direction you've gone with the backgrounds. Great lighting as well.
Wasn't really a fan of the mixed realistic hair with cardboard hair for the guy, hopefully you could try to unify them a little more, but from this far away it wouldn't make much difference I guess!
Wasn't really a fan of the mixed realistic hair with cardboard hair for the guy, hopefully you could try to unify them a little more, but from this far away it wouldn't make much difference I guess!
-
FXDude
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59
Re: Landscape and forest
Very beautiful and inspiring work (!)
and very refreshing too
and very refreshing too
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Landscape and forest
He Jasper,
Great work!!! Very interested in the final video.
I reckon this is still all Redshift for rendering?
groet'n,
rob
Great work!!! Very interested in the final video.
I reckon this is still all Redshift for rendering?
groet'n,
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: Landscape and forest
Thanks all! Rob: yep, Redshift it is! About 4-5 mins a frame (full HD) on my 670, amazing.
-
julius
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 08:56
-
sirdavid32
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 03:36
- Location: Ecuador
Re: Landscape and forest
Hi druitre! This is outstanding. How are you getting DOF, via camera or compositing by pass?
I´d like to know more about your compositing this masterpiece.
Looking sharp. Those rocks really grabbed my attention. You mention: procedurals for displacement?
On redshift I assume you´re using redshift displacement.
Could you tell more about your redshift settings. By far, I think it´s the best renderer for us Indie ppl.
Cheers.
I´d like to know more about your compositing this masterpiece.
Looking sharp. Those rocks really grabbed my attention. You mention: procedurals for displacement?
On redshift I assume you´re using redshift displacement.
Could you tell more about your redshift settings. By far, I think it´s the best renderer for us Indie ppl.
Cheers.
Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/3dcinetv
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com