http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/index. ... &swuid=416
Adobe alternatives
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... ost7585563
Adobe jump in the cloud
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Adobe jump in the cloud
The Corel page is a prime example of quick thinking and a clever marketing! 
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
mihaiNL
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 26 Nov 2011, 17:32
Re: Adobe jump in the cloud
It would make a lot of sense for Adobe now to change their rules so after say 2-3 years of subscription, the version that was out when you started subscribing will not stop functioning if you stop your subscription. In any case, maybe people stop the subscription 1 or 2 years max because they don't think the new features are worth it, but eventually the mass of new stuff does tip them over.
-
pluMmet
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 17:37
- Skype: bigcuberight
Re: Adobe jump in the cloud
Agreed!mihaiNL wrote:Corel just increased their coolness factor by 10x in my book.
PaintShop Pro X5 Ultimate does everything a texture creator needs (for $70 at the moment.)
Add Xara Designer Pro X for $299 to do your Design/Illustration and website stuff and you are golden.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Adobe jump in the cloud
Right, if the "smaller" "software does the job you want it to do, there's no reason to stick to the bigger brand. This industry and the 2D graphics industry are too single-minded when it comes to their tools. It's Photoshop all the way to them. And once you buy it (or rent it, as the case may be), you get a powerhouse, the "übertool", but one which has many aspects to it, I for one would never use. And then your sort of paying for stuff you don't need. Of the two options, buying the software that's the most cost-effective (and yes, to some that's still Photoshop, but not to as many as we're sometimes led to believe) now would seem the logical choice...pluMmet wrote:does everything a texture creator needs
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Adobe jump in the cloud
2d software appear a field more populate and simple to find alternatives. After Effect seems more complex to replace then photoshop (Hitfilm http://hitfilm.com/ can be a viable (or the only) alternative for functions and price tag, before the great CC idea I planned buying AE)
3d field is more complex. You have many plugin, asset just ready and not only a consolidate workflow and proprietary file format can be a big issue to solve. The alternative, if ADSK will follow this route, are very poor. And if Adobe will have success with the CC, I guess many company will follow this business model. Seems shareholders and the financial world applaud to ADOBE move.
3d field is more complex. You have many plugin, asset just ready and not only a consolidate workflow and proprietary file format can be a big issue to solve. The alternative, if ADSK will follow this route, are very poor. And if Adobe will have success with the CC, I guess many company will follow this business model. Seems shareholders and the financial world applaud to ADOBE move.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Adobe jump in the cloud
You're right, I was talking mainly about Photoshop, where I know/have met some users who almost religiously deny even the possibility of alternative software.Nizar wrote:2d software appear a field more populate and simple to find alternatives.
Right, whenever anything changes in software land you can be sure it's mainly to please the shareholders, not the user...Seems shareholders and the financial world applaud to ADOBE move.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Adobe jump in the cloud
I must admit I am very concerned. Coming from south africa our internet is not particularly fast when connecting overseas, so the whole collaborative shunt of CC will be more nighmarish then useful (unless they put in local servers which is somewhat unlikely) also Adobe products in general are a right bitch to use through authenticated firewalls at the best of times (university network)
Personally I have bought Pixelmator which does everything I need. ($15) Luckily I dont have pipeline requirements to think about which makes it a lot easier ;)
Personally I have bought Pixelmator which does everything I need. ($15) Luckily I dont have pipeline requirements to think about which makes it a lot easier ;)
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Adobe jump in the cloud
About Adobe CC in blender artist forum a user wrote:
Autodesk is actually at one point using subscription models as well.
A software I am beta testing is being targeted to be released just on that basis.
-
curly
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 06 Oct 2010, 06:43
Re: Adobe jump in the cloud
You can sign a petition online if you're against it.
"http://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-subscription-model"
"http://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-subscription-model"
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15