XSI Base down?

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 08 Oct 2012, 09:54

rray wrote:Quite disappointing indeed.
QFA... Raffael Dickreuter couldn't even be bothered to write a little tweet about it (raffael3d). It's only thanks to mattmos (last-generation moderator over there) we know more or less officially of the end of the XSIBase. Generally, however, and on a very personal note: the XSIBase not caring enough about the user base to keep them updated... I'm not all that surprised!
:-$
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by dwigfor » 08 Oct 2012, 22:52

luceric wrote:where do I get my Teenage Mutant Turtle update now?
We just debuted, Saturday mornings on Nickelodeon! :p

User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by dwigfor » 08 Oct 2012, 22:54

Wow, nothing was even mentioned on Mailing List? (I'm not subscribed to it, so don't know...) Was the site wiped out because of virus/malware, or did Raf just decide to not renew the address/site...

Hopefully Chris Chia will now register on here.................

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by Bullit » 09 Oct 2012, 01:40

Is the backup posted here good or people still need my .mht files?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 09 Oct 2012, 09:37

dwigfor wrote:Hopefully Chris Chia will now register on here.................
Well, let's see: I sent him a truly friendly private message over at the XSIBase to at least register (not even necessarily post) here, before the Malware troubles began, I repeated this offer, when the Malware troubles were in full swing and he contacted me, specifically as a Team member here, also per private message, while there was an on-going discussion here about a very similar topic, and in both cases he didn't even at least register here (as far as I can tell, unless he did under some non-transparent alias and mail address).

He is still truly more than welcome to register, I just want to "disclose"
that I as an Administrator have already tried my best to get him to join...
(a side of me, nobody normally sees... :- )

edit: rephrased ever so slightly
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

xeraphine
Posts: 31
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:05

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by xeraphine » 09 Oct 2012, 09:48

Bullit wrote:Is the backup posted here good or people still need my .mht files?
Could u post your mht files. Thanks

xeraphine
Posts: 31
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:05

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by xeraphine » 12 Oct 2012, 18:29

This are the links to download Bullit backups of xsibase (427mb), it´s organized and the html has the name of the topic, it´s not all, but pretty much all the interesting posts. Thanks to Bullit.

http://www.mediafire.com/?w050bybr0pp0pat
http://www.mediafire.com/?dscaqj5znhtk2jc
http://www.mediafire.com/?ublvn94kdayb5s6

xeraphine
Posts: 31
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:05

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by xeraphine » 17 Oct 2012, 18:00

Another Link to download, thanks to @bullit with recents only.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j90l80l8gc5hdfj

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by Bullit » 18 Oct 2012, 11:47

Thanks for you too xeraphine helping when i wasn't able to upload.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: XSI Base down?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Oct 2012, 10:14

As the XSIBase "reconstruction" downloads are quite large, I extracted the “print page” (no images, just flat text) version of Chris Chia’s “Any bugs found…” thread, valid up until the 11th of September 2012, from the aforementioned archives. I’m not sure whose archive (xeraphine or Bullit) this stems from as I merged them both into one almost usable package. I hope it might be helpful to some…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!