Hi Eric,
First off, great work with emPolygonizer 2. I do have a question though...Since, emPloygonizer 1.721 is going to be now shipping with the latest advantage pack, are you going to be offering an upgrade path to version 2.04? If so, how would that work and do you have any details on that. Thanks.
emPolygonizer2 version 2.0 is released !
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: emPolygonizer2 version 2.0 is released !
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Mootzoid
- Administrator
- Posts: 244
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 16:48
- Location: Germany/France
Re: emPolygonizer2 version 2.0 is released !
Hey guys,
Thanks for all this good feedback!
@Phil:
One thing is sure: that renderer really kicks ass!
@Rez007:
No, there won't be a special upgrade price or anything. emPolygonizer Version 2.0 has really many features that are not included in the SI Polygonizer. Many of these features are great, but for many "common" things the integrated Polygonizer will be just fine and do a good job.
PS: of course I offer personal support for emPolygonizer Version 2.0 only ;)
Take care,
Eric
Thanks for all this good feedback!
@Phil:
I have the luck to be in the Arnold beta program, so that I could use the latest Arnold SItoA beta for the rendering. For more information you can go to www.solidangle.com.I saw you have used the "famous" Arnold Renderer, can you talk about it a little here ?
One thing is sure: that renderer really kicks ass!
@Rez007:
No, there won't be a special upgrade price or anything. emPolygonizer Version 2.0 has really many features that are not included in the SI Polygonizer. Many of these features are great, but for many "common" things the integrated Polygonizer will be just fine and do a good job.
PS: of course I offer personal support for emPolygonizer Version 2.0 only ;)
Take care,
Eric
-
gman
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 21:59
Re: emPolygonizer2 version 2.0 is released !
Eric,
What shader are you using for the renders?
Thanks
G
What shader are you using for the renders?
Thanks
G
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: emPolygonizer2 version 2.0 is released !
I don't think he can tell you because he's in the arnold beta program as he mentioned above, so can't say anything specific about the arnold shaders he or other people used.
-
Mootzoid
- Administrator
- Posts: 244
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 16:48
- Location: Germany/France
Re: emPolygonizer2 version 2.0 is released !
Sorry, I'm currently in France and only have internet access from time to time.
The shaders I used when rendering with Arnold were Arnold's "standard shader", "wireframe shader" and "ambient occlusion shader".
They are all also more or less available with MR. I used Arnold because of the better render times (everything was rendered on a single computer!), but with some tweaking you should be able to achieve similar results with MR.
Cheers,
Eric
The shaders I used when rendering with Arnold were Arnold's "standard shader", "wireframe shader" and "ambient occlusion shader".
They are all also more or less available with MR. I used Arnold because of the better render times (everything was rendered on a single computer!), but with some tweaking you should be able to achieve similar results with MR.
Cheers,
Eric
-
gman
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 12 Jul 2010, 21:59
Re: emPolygonizer2 version 2.0 is released !
Thank you Eric!
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: emPolygonizer2 version 2.0 is released !
Anybody tried network rendering with cached emp2? path is setup correctly (like mypc//blahblahblah) everything is working except slave doesn't load empoly mesh (its invisibile during rendering, I assume slave doesn't load cached mesh). I'm using deadline +xsibatch
//edit: nevermind, I didn't have emp2 on second computer
//edit: nevermind, I didn't have emp2 on second computer