Geometry VOP is not-so-well-known Houdini feature, basically it's custom solver in form of VOP that lives in DOP network, able to do similar things like custom simulated ICE tree. So that's reason for having a "Blend Solver" in DOP network, this one ( with default settings) is there just to allow more than one solver. Here, Geometry VOP creates a custom "target force" ( force = some arbitrary vector added to velocity), looking at 'pushed' copy of initial geometry. Houdini cloth is utilized mainly to create self collisions, all parameters for keeping the cloth shape are lowered. Generally I'd always prefer Geometry VOP instead of H SOP Solver for these special tasks, simply because it allows me to utilize existing H solvers, no need to build self collisions and such. Drawback is, if I'm correct, that Geometry VOP is not synced with sub steps of Cloth solver, so I had to practically disable sub-frame sampling of H Cloth solver. Entire thing needs a bit longer simulation without speedy movements, to avoid skipping of some collision.





