
http://www.tokeru.com/mayawiki/index.php?title=Houdini

Bullit wrote:Well my first dwelling with testing Houdini confirmed what i was expecting. Anything but intuitive. It was just a simple fluid to fill a cup.
Well i could not found a way to make a dynamic rbd static.
I confirm that toopezetko wrote:Hi Bullit, that is not that hard when you dive into houdini a little bit deeper ...
Well, Realflow is x times easier to understand, but I think you already know that. Should be a little bit harder with RealFlow to get the liquid related things (foam and so) to work in another app, than to launch the render directly from H, anyway.Bullit wrote:Even not taking account the price difference, if Realflow is easier to understand and Houdini is not explicit in most things it doesn't stand a chance and i am only talking about fluids.
Special EffectsMathaeus wrote:Also, what to do with app which can't animate in a way of Maya or SI, can't do direct modeling like any 3d app, still has viewport slower than Modo (not to even mention SI or Maya), has overcomplicated simulations to the sick level, some of them nowhere close to compete to Maya or SI (cloth).
Than stop yelling on a forum of a dead application about it. Have some problems ? Than Move your lazy f*cking ass to oDforce and SESI forum and ask there. Yelling will not help you. There are riggers in Houdini, proffesional, but if you don't ask them about your problems , and how they solved them, I will be always thinking about you like some sneaky little beyotch that is just yelling and yelling and yelling... without really doing anything useful.Mathaeus wrote:Sorry, but, won't go.
Sorry, but, won't go. I checked his posts on oDforce and he never asked about rigging, so for me that means he's only complaining for complaining. If he is so good at rigging, I would love to see him asking questions and see them answered. This would actually help.MauricioPC wrote: mantragora, if Matheus wants to complain about Houdini he can. You can also just ignore it.![]()
See, there is a problem. I don't like those changes. I started from Houdini, Modo, Fusion, Cinema4d, Unity3d and then I came to Autodesk world. I didn't liked even one Autodesk app after all those I started from.MauricioPC wrote: As for Houdini, yeah, it's a great tool. But as an artist, I can do much more in Softimage than Houdini. And if Houdini was so much better, than why is SideFX listening to Softimage users on how to improve workflow, etc?
And I'll say you this... they had this 'artistically' driven application called Softimage, and it's dead. Because it sucked as a hardcore TD tool, and was not good enough as a artist tool.MauricioPC wrote: And I'll say you this ... Houdini got lucky because if Autodesk has actually worked on improving performance for 3ds Max, you would see a real competitor there. Sure ... you need to buy lots of plugins and spend more money, but the experience of using Max is more "artist driven" than Houdini (for FX).
I have people who came from Maya and they never locked back after been touched by Houdini.MauricioPC wrote:In the end of the day, it just boils down to personal preference. I have artists that I look up to and they are Maya users.
Hirazi Blue wrote:Can we please try to get this thread back on track without the passive aggressive turf war?
edit: to elaborate slightly, it's not so much the passive aggressive turf war I have problems with,
it's the derailment of a thread innocently named "Learning Houdini..."