Zen Modo Interface
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Zen Modo Interface
@pcd: Well... If you don't tell them, they don't know what to fix. ;-)
But SP2 seems to have some work done on FBX and Collada I/O, see if that changes things for you.
And I agree on the pricing. I have looked at it in the past, but always found it too pricey as well. Especially these days.
But SP2 seems to have some work done on FBX and Collada I/O, see if that changes things for you.
And I agree on the pricing. I have looked at it in the past, but always found it too pricey as well. Especially these days.
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Zen Modo Interface
When Maxon tried the modular approach for Cinema 4D, it was an interesting package to switch to, as you needn't only buy the modules you really needed, but now the Studio version would seem overpriced and Visualize just doesn't offer enough of the IMHO necessary features. Having said that: I fell in love with a coverdisk edition of C4D XL 6 long ago, before the "3democracy" that brought me to Softimage, and would love to be able to afford Studio now. It lacks a couple of things, it's true, but with Softimage out of the picture, it seems to offer the best "out of the box" generalist environment. And that's worth something too IMHO.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Guys, I tried the Franklin Aguilar Matos UI design and while it's quite cool, for my learning, I'll stay with the default. But two things he did that I like it, but I'm searching how to do it and I didn't find.
He changed the lasso selection (I hate that shit) with a square selection (like XSI, Maya, Max). Where do I change this?
And ... he increase the size of the display of the vertices. So it's a lot easier to see it when it's selected or not. How do I change this?
P.S.: Hirazi ... for me, I think of Modo now as the generalist tool. You can do almost everything aside some fluids/sim/fire stuff. And to be honest, C4D can't also, that's why you need TFD and other plugins.
He changed the lasso selection (I hate that shit) with a square selection (like XSI, Maya, Max). Where do I change this?
And ... he increase the size of the display of the vertices. So it's a lot easier to see it when it's selected or not. How do I change this?
P.S.: Hirazi ... for me, I think of Modo now as the generalist tool. You can do almost everything aside some fluids/sim/fire stuff. And to be honest, C4D can't also, that's why you need TFD and other plugins.
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Hi,
Lasso: Top menu: Select>Lasso Style> pick one....
Vertices size: Top menu>Preferences: Display>OpenGL: OpenGL Point Size (3.0)
rob
Lasso: Top menu: Select>Lasso Style> pick one....
Vertices size: Top menu>Preferences: Display>OpenGL: OpenGL Point Size (3.0)
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Thanks Rob ... that worked!Rork wrote:Hi,
Lasso: Top menu: Select>Lasso Style> pick one....
Vertices size: Top menu>Preferences: Display>OpenGL: OpenGL Point Size (3.0)
rob
One other thing ... I don't know if that happens on your display, but here the selection of polys with that 'yellow' color or when you just passes the mouse above the poly, it changes the color to blue. Does the color on your computers stay "flashing", like is blinking really fast? I find it very distracting but I don't know if it's my display or the way Modo presents the color.
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Hi,
Nope. Doesn't happen. It seems you're settings are buggered
Normally the selected polys are orange, the highlighting polys a lighter gray.
I only get blue colors when hovering my mouse over a geometry object. (blue lines)
Nope. Doesn't happen. It seems you're settings are buggered
Normally the selected polys are orange, the highlighting polys a lighter gray.
I only get blue colors when hovering my mouse over a geometry object. (blue lines)
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Yeah ... I guess is something related to the frequency of my monitor. You know, like when you record with a camera and there's a monitor, you get the flickering of the screen? I can see that shit on the yellow/orange when I select a polygon.Rork wrote:Hi,
Nope. Doesn't happen. It seems you're settings are buggered
Normally the selected polys are orange, the highlighting polys a lighter gray.
I only get blue colors when hovering my mouse over a geometry object. (blue lines)
Thankfully, I'm not crazy as my wife was able to see it. Maybe we are both crazy.
Depending on the angle I look at the monitor, I see it more. Strange as I never got this on Max, Maya, C4D, XSI, etc. Oh well...
-
Rork
- Posts: 1359
- Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
- Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands
Re: Zen Modo Interface
What about flushing your prefs, and restart Modo? Start with a clean slate? Maybe that will help.
I found Modo's config system to be fairly tricky regarding big changes.
rob
I found Modo's config system to be fairly tricky regarding big changes.
rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!
-
pcd
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 06:49
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Well, i am too old to admit.Hirazi Blue wrote:When Maxon tried the modular approach for Cinema 4D, it was an interesting package to switch to, as you needn't only buy the modules you really needed, but now the Studio version would seem overpriced and Visualize just doesn't offer enough of the IMHO necessary features. Having said that: I fell in love with a coverdisk edition of C4D XL 6 long ago, before the "3democracy" that brought me to Softimage, and would love to be able to afford Studio now. It lacks a couple of things, it's true, but with Softimage out of the picture, it seems to offer the best "out of the box" generalist environment. And that's worth something too IMHO.
-
pcd
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 06:49
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Rork wrote:@pcd: Well... If you don't tell them, they don't know what to fix. ;-)
But SP2 seems to have some work done on FBX and Collada I/O, see if that changes things for you.
And I agree on the pricing. I have looked at it in the past, but always found it too pricey as well. Especially these days.
Yes, i think i should give them some feedback on issues. Not sure that they sent an inquiry to me though, once the trial expired i mean. I am mainly interested in Alembic since it's the sure way to transfer particles and fluids between apps, and more specifically Houdini. But fbx fixes sounds very good too.
Thanks for the info.
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Zen Modo Interface
For now I'm enjoying Modo, but my license will end soon. After that I'll return to my C4D student license.
Funny thing is ... even though I know C4D is expensive, when the times come, I'll prefer to spend that money on C4D than give anything to AD.
Funny thing is ... even though I know C4D is expensive, when the times come, I'll prefer to spend that money on C4D than give anything to AD.
-
El Burritoh
- Posts: 151
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 18:56
- Location: Tennessee
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Your licence will end? What do you mean? Are you on a trial?
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Yep! I almost bought Modo, but then my wife wanted to travel and I had to put the money somewhere else!El Burritoh wrote:Your licence will end? What do you mean? Are you on a trial?
-
angus_davidson
- Posts: 583
- Joined: 20 Dec 2012, 04:13
- Skype: ithacapellin
Re: Zen Modo Interface
Peace in the home is always important. ;)MauricioPC wrote:Yep! I almost bought Modo, but then my wife wanted to travel and I had to put the money somewhere else!El Burritoh wrote:Your licence will end? What do you mean? Are you on a trial?
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University