Hi, some more

Working on my storyboard and animatic it didn't take me long to figure out that I would need a lot more facial stuff than I'd done so far... I want to do silent-movie-style shots, pretty wide, no close-ups, no dialogue. I had thought that meant getting away with just a few expressions, but in fact it means I have to be able to do a lot of exaggerated emotions/acting. Also to get this early cinema style of theatrical acting, and to stay closer to the stylized/cartoonworld I'm working in.
Long story short: I redid the facial setup completely last week. Instead of deformers it's now a combination of lattices and shapes. It may not be the most sophisticated approach in terms of having sliding skin etc, but it allows for more exaggeration/styling.
With the cool thing about the lattices being that I can have my deformations including the eyes, hair and teeth. I added an age-setup too, I can slide seamlessly from early 20s to late 50s now. It's part of the story to see my characters through the years so this was easier than making a separate model for each age. I was surprised at how easy it is to make practically everything in my character go from one state to another just by hooking it up to that one slider. (If anyone feels like giving some advice or crits on this ageing, feel free... I think it could do with some more refinement)
Young:
Somewhere inbetween:
Old:
mirkoj wrote:really good stuff here.
Looking forward to see more of the progress.
Btw not sure if it was asked before, what are you using for rendering?
Redshift!