Mentalray current workflow sticky thread
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Mentalray current workflow sticky thread
ctrl_ghost is not giving me any IBL, either... what's wrong I wonder...
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Mentalray current workflow sticky thread
I'll make a sample scene tomorrow, only thing I know left to check when it's rendering black: there needs to be a default light in the scene, intensity 0
btw generally more low res (like 1024*512) environment maps work better for lighting
btw generally more low res (like 1024*512) environment maps work better for lighting
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Kzin
- Posts: 432
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:36
Re: Mentalray current workflow sticky thread
you need a light with intensity set to zero i think.
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Mentalray current workflow sticky thread
Coo-hool! That did the trick..!
Gosh... the hoops you have to jump through for this stuff...
Gentlemen, it is an honour, as always!
Thanks,
Eugen
Gosh... the hoops you have to jump through for this stuff...
Gentlemen, it is an honour, as always!
Thanks,
Eugen
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Mentalray current workflow sticky thread
btw, both geo shaders work (of course).
IBL's quite nice and fast, from what I see here! Really, how can Autodesk let such a nice feature drop under the table...?
IBL's quite nice and fast, from what I see here! Really, how can Autodesk let such a nice feature drop under the table...?
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Mentalray current workflow sticky thread
good to hear. how does it do compared to the user_ibl_env?
user_ibl_env seems to be more modern (introduced 3 versions after the environment mode)
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... 9&start=70
user_ibl_env seems to be more modern (introduced 3 versions after the environment mode)
https://www.si-community.com/forum/v ... 9&start=70
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
sirdavid32
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 03:36
- Location: Ecuador
Re: Mental
So how do I see these AOVs?gustavoeb wrote:first placeholder
Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/3dcinetv
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com
Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/3dcinetv
Web: http://www.3dcinetv.com