Wish page for Softimage 20xx....

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
Helli
Posts: 211
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21

Re: Wish page for Softimage 20xx....

Post by Helli » 03 Apr 2013, 11:48

ace63 wrote:Yet it only works for a single compound which makes this method a total slowdown.
But you can use nested compounds no ?
This is for sure not the perfect solution but don't hope for an Icetree who can handle multiple objects via group.

I mean how long are we waiting for instanced shader trees which can be reused in other shaders. Or just multiple object outputs in 1 shader tree and stuff like this ??
Won't happen anytime soon I guess.

User avatar
ace63
Posts: 176
Joined: 07 Jun 2009, 10:30

Re: Wish page for Softimage 20xx....

Post by ace63 » 03 Apr 2013, 12:29

The thing is it is already there - just tested it with the unsupported environment variable and this is what I am looking for. It is just buggy and crashes a lot but it is there....

User avatar
dwigfor
Posts: 395
Joined: 17 Nov 2009, 16:46

Re: Wish page for Softimage 20xx....

Post by dwigfor » 10 Apr 2013, 21:46

Couple of animation mixer workflow requests....

[*]Drag multiple clips onto different tracks. Currently you can slide them along the same track, but to move them to a new track you have to do 1 clip at a time.
[*]MMB to pan around mixer. Rather than having to hold z, it'd be nice to pan around animation mixer with middle mouse button, like ICE Tree and Render Tree
[*]Splitting clips with Warp Time Control should maintain the fcurve on both sides of the split. Now, I'm having to freeze to new clip before I split.

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Wish page for Softimage 20xx....

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 19 Apr 2013, 13:15

I want an Apologizer.
It's aplugin, that apologizes for the lame upgrade, and transfers a small amount of money back to your bank account, everytime you find a bug.
I'm now part of an endangered species...

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Wish page for Softimage 20xx....

Post by Bullit » 19 Apr 2013, 15:09

Ahahaha!