IRay Progressive Rendering Tests
-
Kzin
- Posts: 432
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:36
Re: IRay Progressive Rendering Tests
its ok for what it does, but in general to slow. with this rendertime i expect a noisefree solution.
-
cuanyo
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:41
Re: IRay Progressive Rendering Tests
I always use ctrl_ghost_setting with gtx460 in my softimage2012 and it's really useful for me.
until that I've changed my card to gtx660 and update to 2013, it's just can't work anymore.....
but gtx460+si2013 still can render with iray.
so sad...
here is error message:
but same ver of libiray.dll and libiraymr.dll still working in max 2013.
sorry for my poor english.
until that I've changed my card to gtx660 and update to 2013, it's just can't work anymore.....
but gtx460+si2013 still can render with iray.
so sad...
here is error message:
Code: Select all
# ERROR : IRAY 0.4 8 MB error: CUDA device 0: "GeForce GTX 660" (compute capability 3.0): unsupported by this version iray, please look for an update with your software provider.
# WARNING : IRAY 0.4 34 MB warn : no CUDA capable devices foundsorry for my poor english.
-
Kzin
- Posts: 432
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:36
Re: IRay Progressive Rendering Tests
because the kepler cards are supported later and your 660 is one.
iray3 will have support for it, iray 2.x got support with an update, but we dont got a updated xsi version with updated mr since a long time.
write a mail to ad that you as a customer wants more softwareupdates between the versions. 2013 is a completely fail in that area.
iray3 will have support for it, iray 2.x got support with an update, but we dont got a updated xsi version with updated mr since a long time.
write a mail to ad that you as a customer wants more softwareupdates between the versions. 2013 is a completely fail in that area.
-
cuanyo
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:41
Re: IRay Progressive Rendering Tests
sorry,
I've put files to wrong dir.
when I change to a right dir, I got new error code:
libiray.dll and libiraymr.dll are copy from 3ds max 2013 update 6 , it's mental ray 3.10, same with si2013,
3ds 2013 can render with iray, but si2013 can't do that.....
maybe autodesk made a some protect for iray render in this time...
I've put files to wrong dir.
when I change to a right dir, I got new error code:
Code: Select all
# WARNING : LIB 0.4 8 MB warn 292015: loading C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013 SP1\Application\bin\nt-x86-64\libiray.dll: §ä¤£¨ì«ü©wªº¼Ò²Õ¡C
# ERROR : IRAY 0.4 8 MB error 841098: failed loading iray rendering plugin C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013 SP1\Application\bin\nt-x86-64\libiray.dll
libiray.dll and libiraymr.dll are copy from 3ds max 2013 update 6 , it's mental ray 3.10, same with si2013,
3ds 2013 can render with iray, but si2013 can't do that.....
maybe autodesk made a some protect for iray render in this time...
-
Kzin
- Posts: 432
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:36
Re: IRay Progressive Rendering Tests
then you used the dll from max update 6 then you used files from an more actual iray version i think. maya and max mr version were updated while xsi's mr version was not updated.cuanyo wrote:sorry,
I've put files to wrong dir.
when I change to a right dir, I got new error code:Code: Select all
# WARNING : LIB 0.4 8 MB warn 292015: loading C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013 SP1\Application\bin\nt-x86-64\libiray.dll: §ä¤£¨ì«ü©wªº¼Ò²Õ¡C # ERROR : IRAY 0.4 8 MB error 841098: failed loading iray rendering plugin C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Softimage 2013 SP1\Application\bin\nt-x86-64\libiray.dll
libiray.dll and libiraymr.dll are copy from 3ds max 2013 update 6 , it's mental ray 3.10, same with si2013,
3ds 2013 can render with iray, but si2013 can't do that.....
maybe autodesk made a some protect for iray render in this time...
-
hardgore
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 05 Jun 2012, 02:51
Re: IRay Progressive Rendering Tests
is the iray faster than arnold?
i have gtx460 1g
i have gtx460 1g
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: IRay Progressive Rendering Tests
Not remotelyhardgore wrote:is the iray faster than arnold?![]()
i have gtx460 1g