Sun position plugin
-
aio
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 23 Oct 2012, 00:12
Re: Sun position plugin
Bravo to make this available. Thank you !
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Sun position plugin
Thanks, Face, for the great addon!
I'm too stupid to figure the basic setup, though. Could you please demonstrate the necessary steps?
Create a pointcloud, add a simulated ICE tree, add the "sun position frame" node, ok.
Now what? Do I need to add a point first? Nothing's happening when I move the time slider.
Thanks and best regards,
Eugen
I'm too stupid to figure the basic setup, though. Could you please demonstrate the necessary steps?
Create a pointcloud, add a simulated ICE tree, add the "sun position frame" node, ok.
Now what? Do I need to add a point first? Nothing's happening when I move the time slider.
Thanks and best regards,
Eugen
-
face
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:28
Re: Sun position plugin
I will upload a simple test scene when i´m back from work, in about 10hrs ;)
face
face
-
face
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:28
Re: Sun position plugin
Ok, here is a simple test scene which shows how to drive the position of a point light, with the calculated sun position from the plugin.
face
face
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Sun position plugin
Thanks a lot, face! That will do... =]
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Sun position plugin
Hi face,
a question: what's the correct way to rotate the north arrow (= the pointcloud) in the direction I need?
If I do so, there's an offset between the light and the coordinate generated by the sun position core.
Thanks!
Eugen
a question: what's the correct way to rotate the north arrow (= the pointcloud) in the direction I need?
If I do so, there's an offset between the light and the coordinate generated by the sun position core.
Thanks!
Eugen
-
face
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:28
Re: Sun position plugin
You can simply change the north offset in the location compound to the location which you need.
An offset of 0 means, north is in +z. 90 means in -x, -90 in +x and +-180, north is in -z.
face
An offset of 0 means, north is in +z. 90 means in -x, -90 in +x and +-180, north is in -z.
face
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Sun position plugin
I see, thanks, face! Could have figured...