Bellsey has many limitation, and I think his effort is an extra not paid by AD, so respect it.
IMHO don't mean nothing blame his effort, Bellsey is not AD (reading his signature)
SI 2013 sightings
-
gfxman
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 13:14
Re: SI 2013 sightings
Can't say better.McNistor wrote:When I read Mr. Bellsey's post from the previous page, all I've heard was: "bla bla bla" like I always hear on half of his posts. I initially wanted to express this, but then I said to myself that it would be too flaming only to discover on the next page that I'm not the only one.gfxman wrote:Problems is, you're the only autodesk voice here. You can never say anything concrete, you never answer the question and so on, because, yeah, we know, autodesk is a public company etc etc.Bellsey wrote:I totally agree, people should complain, or at least raise their concerns and also report bugs too. The problem is, that I suspect many customers don't do any of these things. I go and see customers all the time and it never surprises me how little contact or awareness people even have of Autodesk. I always say to people that they should try and dialog with Autodesk however they can, in whatever means they can. There are several ways, but personally I don't think its clear on the best way.
So what's the purpose to ask more contact with autodesk, if you never answer even to the simpliest question?
Why is the softimage official fix list not out yet? no answer.
Why they don't implement this or that feature of mental ray in softimage? no answer.
Is this going to be implemented or address, eventually? no answer.
Sorry to sound harsh, but sometimes it seams to me, you're here only to try yo calm down people, i don't see any real amount of information from your posts.
I needed to get this out...
And yes, you're right about the point talking to any officials: there's none! (with a few exceptions, of course)
-
SreckoM
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
- Skype: srecko.micic
Re: SI 2013 sightings
Come on guys does anyone thinks that anything that has been said here will change a single thing in how AD treats SI?
Current marketing strategy, if there is any at first place, is not helping, on contrary.
Except us that are using it, no one has slight idea what are the benefits of SI and why you should switch to it, why should you start using, why should you begin with it. How can you expect that something will change, I really do not understand why many of you even bother any more?
SI is product that is not interesting for AD compared to Maya or Max, and we should accept that, and live with it. There is not point of being frustrated especially when chances that you can change something are almost 0%.
And also I really, truly appreciate Bellsey efforts.
Current marketing strategy, if there is any at first place, is not helping, on contrary.
Except us that are using it, no one has slight idea what are the benefits of SI and why you should switch to it, why should you start using, why should you begin with it. How can you expect that something will change, I really do not understand why many of you even bother any more?
SI is product that is not interesting for AD compared to Maya or Max, and we should accept that, and live with it. There is not point of being frustrated especially when chances that you can change something are almost 0%.
And also I really, truly appreciate Bellsey efforts.
- H -
-
gfxman
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 28 Mar 2011, 13:14
Re: SI 2013 sightings
Do you gain any information about any of the questions people are making here, from his posts? Because i don't, really. Sometimes i can't even understand what the connection beetwen what has been asked, and the reply.Nizar wrote:Bellsey has many limitation, and I think his effort is an extra not paid by AD, so respect it.
IMHO don't mean nothing blame his effort, Bellsey is not AD (reading his signature)
I dont' think he has some hidden reason behind his post, it would be silly, beacuse we know who is he working for. But, maybe it's just a corporate attitude...
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: SI 2013 sightings
ok gfxman/McNistor, fair points.
So, maybe stop beating around the bush, what do you actually want?
So, maybe stop beating around the bush, what do you actually want?
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: SI 2013 sightings
I think this thread has gone through enough of gfxman, McNistor and others expressing how they aren't satisfied with the answers (they have the right to express this) Graham has been giving them and Graham repeating that he has given them what he can. An effort that he is not required to do and is doing on his own and trying to help our community.
Gfxman, McNistor, and others of like-mindedness, it's clear you don't like what Graham is saying. If so, don't read it and move on. Implying that Graham is just putting up a smoke screen just to appease or calm people down is insulting and disrespectful. He is participating in our community on his own free will and your comments are pushing him to not even bothering coming here and posting.
I said it earlier that this kind of attitude and disrespect will lead to people not wanting to participate in the community and it's already leading that way. I really appreciate Graham and Stephen coming on to the boards and posting what they can and helping out with issues. If they don't come around on the forums any longer then everyone loses out. This is not acceptable as it is a detriment to the community as a whole.
If you don't like what is being said move on. I think the thread should be locked at this point.
Gfxman, McNistor, and others of like-mindedness, it's clear you don't like what Graham is saying. If so, don't read it and move on. Implying that Graham is just putting up a smoke screen just to appease or calm people down is insulting and disrespectful. He is participating in our community on his own free will and your comments are pushing him to not even bothering coming here and posting.
I said it earlier that this kind of attitude and disrespect will lead to people not wanting to participate in the community and it's already leading that way. I really appreciate Graham and Stephen coming on to the boards and posting what they can and helping out with issues. If they don't come around on the forums any longer then everyone loses out. This is not acceptable as it is a detriment to the community as a whole.
If you don't like what is being said move on. I think the thread should be locked at this point.
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: SI 2013 sightings
I don't want defend he, I'm sure Bellsey is capable about, what I mean is about his many limitations. He try to answer without break the rules AD and USA law, I think it is clear.gfxman wrote:Do you gain any information about any of the questions people are making here, from his posts? Because i don't, really. Sometimes i can't even understand what the connection beetwen what has been asked, and the reply.Nizar wrote:Bellsey has many limitation, and I think his effort is an extra not paid by AD, so respect it.
IMHO don't mean nothing blame his effort, Bellsey is not AD (reading his signature)
I dont' think he has some hidden reason behind his post, it would be silly, beacuse we know who is he working for. But, maybe it's just a corporate attitude...
No, I'm not satisfied about many answers (but has some good points), but seems he cannot doing better,so blame AD but not the employers.
Every years is the some story... I think the better choice is not renewing subscription, AD understood only this point (money), don't renewing subscription is the only weapon in your hands against a so big (deaf and arrogant) company. I will doing so, I don't need many (all...) of 2013 new features, and I have a serious doubt in 2014 will cage so much (but would like see it before say something)
Last edited by Nizar on 21 Apr 2012, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: SI 2013 sightings
Yes Shrekom, you're right.
I get angry/frustrated and have bad day/moments and vent on forums instead of going for walk. A walk! What a great idea! Will do after posting this
To Mr. Bellsey: I have nothing with you man lol and even I may sound harsh sometimes my intentions are not to stir bad feelings but my opinion remains that people like frank and straight to the subject answers. Look at Luc-Eric for example. He said many times things that we maybe didn't like (like Maya being the best thing in town, etc.), but we liked the fact that saying those without engaging in small-talk or going around in circles. This is how I see things and I'm expressing them as MY opinion, nothing more, nothing less. I have no hard feelings towards anyone.
@Hirazi No one is denying the right to express their opinion to anyone. At least I'm not.
I get angry/frustrated and have bad day/moments and vent on forums instead of going for walk. A walk! What a great idea! Will do after posting this
To Mr. Bellsey: I have nothing with you man lol and even I may sound harsh sometimes my intentions are not to stir bad feelings but my opinion remains that people like frank and straight to the subject answers. Look at Luc-Eric for example. He said many times things that we maybe didn't like (like Maya being the best thing in town, etc.), but we liked the fact that saying those without engaging in small-talk or going around in circles. This is how I see things and I'm expressing them as MY opinion, nothing more, nothing less. I have no hard feelings towards anyone.
@Hirazi No one is denying the right to express their opinion to anyone. At least I'm not.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
Kerro Perro
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 20 Mar 2011, 00:01
- Location: Leiden, the Netherlands
Re: SI 2013 sightings
I no way think you're putting up a smokescreen or anything like that, but just to very selfishly ask something that is now worrying me: will my current SI license always be valid? I know that the cloud-stuff is still "up in the air" but Ken's talk of renting older version has me very spooked. It's like toyota saying they'll take my car away next year if i don't start paying rent on it.Bellsey wrote:ok gfxman/McNistor, fair points.
So, maybe stop beating around the bush, what do you actually want?
Perhaps this is another thing you can't answer and if so fair enough - you don't make the rules - but maybe in time you can point me to someone who can. Frankly i would like something in writing about it and will be checking my terms and conditions asap.
As for the guys getting angry at Bellsey: please don't kill this forum guys! As i said before i'm getting that NewTek-vibe ;)
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: SI 2013 sightings
Closing this thread at this point as it have been circling for a while. I think we all need a break and should step away and let our heads clear a bit.
Eric T.
Eric T.