TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Comments on work in progress
User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 22 Sep 2014, 01:31

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 03 Oct 2014, 00:22



video updated. five minutes left to go, then final fixups

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 15 Oct 2014, 20:48

Image

Image

Image
Image

Image

Image
Image.



Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 27 Oct 2014, 01:38

Image

Image

Still chugging along. I've reached the five minute mark.... started this up in february...this went far quicker than the first one...not sure if it turned out any better....


I also re worked the end credit sequence. We went through two turtle and april models since the last one was put together..

Image

I think this looks a little nicer.

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 09 Nov 2014, 05:56

Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 09 Nov 2014, 05:59

Image
Image


trying to fake some of these atmosphere effects. don't have the patience to learn how tocode it in ice...so using shape manager..
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

one of the nice thing about 3D is you can add in new bits of acting that the 2D guys didn't have time for or care to do. but characters standing still doesn't look as good in cg..

Image


under 3 minutes left to go..

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 10 Nov 2014, 17:35

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 1145
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by FXDude » 10 Nov 2014, 17:56

You know, your facial expressions are looking better! :) :-bd

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 10 Nov 2014, 18:05

Image


I'd like to hope something is improving :).

If only I could get aprils face to look human and the characters hands to look normal.

User avatar
FXDude
Posts: 1145
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 19:59

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by FXDude » 10 Nov 2014, 18:11

Yep.. hands and eyes can be tricky !

I was about to say April could still use a little work, (indeed her human face making her harder/time-consuming)
but she has also improved :)

Image

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 11 Nov 2014, 02:19

Image

IF only they had pre done womens and mans facesthat where a bit better than the basic softimage version.
I could also use a library of items that where free ware as it where. Rocks, Cars, appliances, etc...

Image


will be done in november..

1:45 to go. one person, 8 months, 23 minutes start to finish.

a break, then finish up fixing the other one in the new year

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 11 Nov 2014, 19:42



video updated. 1:45 to go.....

a bit of a break till the new year.....then finishing up fixing The Big Rip Off...

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 13 Nov 2014, 05:01

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image


15 shots left to go, tops. 1:20 mark.

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 16 Nov 2014, 18:22

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 16 Nov 2014, 18:25

Image

Image

Image

Image



Before I do anything else, April's Hair needs a complete re work. I think I finally got her face and body to a decent state, but now the hair is too small..
Image


Bebop and Rocksteady also need a complete total makeover. they loose alot of detail when you do a + subdivision.
Image


Image

Image

User avatar
Shredder565
Posts: 1107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04

Re: TMNT Complete Episode Work/Image Thread

Post by Shredder565 » 18 Nov 2014, 18:28

Image
Image
Image
Image

Turtle changes... eyes are too big. trying to get rid of that dead eye look.. works though.
Image
final turtle model changes... this time I mean it. I can't get any closer than that..

Image

one minor technodrome change... the 650 tank treads where proving too troublesome. everytime I rotated it, the treads rotated. So I went back to cylinder mesh wheels. look better anyway
Image

the never ending fixups to april.
I think her face looks a little nicer. I scaled down her head, made her hair bigger, made her torso bigger. But now her hips and legs look too small..ugh.
Image

All shots of Big Rip Off now completed, minus three at the end with April. Once I finish those, some fix ups are coming.

Once done with that, if I complete the trilogy, the Big Break In will be done next year...but that episode is ALOT tougher, and far better looking than these two. THe B Team animated that one, where as these two where done by the C and D teams. it wouldn't take much to make it look a little nicer. not that my stuff counts. But, trying to replicate the Big Break In and make it look nice would be ALOT tougher. I'd also be doing those shots out of order. tougher shots first, simpler ones last.