Arnold dreams.. eheh
not THOSE kind of dreams shame on you!
yep, that would be a great thing, cant wait the big eyes of all the users because arnold breaks inkompatibility one more time and things dont work anymore.mirkoj wrote:well we can dream....
Arnold dreams.. eheh
not THOSE kind of dreams shame on you!
You took the words right out of my mouth, and I couldn't agree more. Why would Autodesk spend R&D money on this when they could have used that money to improve FaceRobot, when most of the work was already there...Seems very ironic when Autodesk keeps saying it is "all about the Suites." It seems to me, that it is only about the Suites if the end result is Maya. I rarely ever see a video where it says start in Maya and "send to" Softimage, it is almost always the opposite. This time though, they seem to skip FaceRobot and Softimage entirely.mirkoj wrote:on FaceShift.. any idea why FaceRobot development stopped completely? Why not work on Softimage implementation of connecting Facerobot and Kinect2 or any other kind of video based face capture?
You were rigth before that AD brought Facerobot toground but after that there wasn't a single improvement in workflow and need to even today work on separate head mesh animate point bake and import is really out dated...
Till now it should be made a lot more seamlessly and easier to work with FaceRobot heads inside scenes.
One by one all SI great features are getting outdated and nothing is done to work on those features any more.
Faceshift isnt an Autodesk product so they spend nothing on RnD there.Rez007 wrote:You took the words right out of my mouth, and I couldn't agree more. Why would Autodesk spend R&D money on this when they could have used that money to improve FaceRobot, when most of the work was already there...Seems very ironic when Autodesk keeps saying it is "all about the Suites." It seems to me, that it is only about the Suites if the end result is Maya. I rarely ever see a video where it says start in Maya and "send to" Softimage, it is almost always the opposite. This time though, they seem to skip FaceRobot and Softimage entirely.
The stupidest thing they could do is to lock the Lagoa Multiphysics compound. And they did it.bottleofram wrote:Just like Lagoa, basically. They licensed it but thats as far as it will go (especially now that Tiago has moved on to different things...).
I don't think FR was developed by Blur, I believe they helped shape it to fit their needs. I believe Softimage had a special projects team or something to that effect, however I think its safe to say no one who ever touched its code remains on the softimage team.bottleofram wrote:Faceshift isnt an Autodesk product so they spend nothing on RnD there.Rez007 wrote:You took the words right out of my mouth, and I couldn't agree more. Why would Autodesk spend R&D money on this when they could have used that money to improve FaceRobot, when most of the work was already there...Seems very ironic when Autodesk keeps saying it is "all about the Suites." It seems to me, that it is only about the Suites if the end result is Maya. I rarely ever see a video where it says start in Maya and "send to" Softimage, it is almost always the opposite. This time though, they seem to skip FaceRobot and Softimage entirely.
The question is fair though, and Luc-Eric would be far better positioned to explain this, but if we have to guess, it's just that FR was developed by Blur and probably no one who ever touched its code remain at AD by this point. Just like Lagoa, basically. They licensed it but thats as far as it will go (especially now that Tiago has moved on to different things...).
Really?! WOw.....iamVFX wrote:The stupidest thing they could do is to lock the Lagoa Multiphysics compound. And they did it.
I seem to recall reading that they had a hand in it. I'll be happy to admit i'm not sure i've got that right.jamination wrote:I don't think FR was developed by Blur, I believe they helped shape it to fit their needs.
Face Robot has had Maya interop since the start, including a maya runtime rig. No need to use for Send To.Rez007 wrote: took the words right out of my mouth, and I couldn't agree more. Why would Autodesk spend R&D money on this when they could have used that money to improve FaceRobot, when most of the work was already there...Seems very ironic when Autodesk keeps saying it is "all about the Suites." It seems to me, that it is only about the Suites if the end result is Maya. I rarely ever see a video where it says start in Maya and "send to" Softimage, it is almost always the opposite. This time though, they seem to skip FaceRobot and Softimage entirely.
Maybe the "unrealistic" release high price point of $100k was one of the reasons hehehe ;)luceric wrote: but as far as I can tell FR wasn't a success, so the plans were put on hold.
Sure seems like it, as the list is starting to get kinda long...FaceRobot, ICE IK, Lagoa, ICE Modeling (possibly, as it is still kind of new)...I just see some very nice features that have great ideas behind them, but get left to collect dust and not touched, or if they are, very minor. If these things would actually get seen through into further developement I think Softimage would be more in the forefront.Sil3 wrote: ...
Its a pity to probably never seen it developed further and see it accepting all kinds of Face/Heads Forms other than Humanoids. Seems a constant on all Special Projects on Softimage... things get developed and then they stop, wasn't that what happened to the old (forgot the name) XSi Crowd system as well?
I mean success after we added it for free to Softimage 2011. you guys tell me if it took off or not.Sil3 wrote:Maybe the "unrealistic" release high price point of $100k was one of the reasons hehehe ;)luceric wrote: but as far as I can tell FR wasn't a success, so the plans were put on hold.
It's just a cool name for consulting, so whoever was still in the LA office (which was tiny) in 2008 was merged into Autodesk Consulting.Sil3 wrote:Just out of curiosity, since FR what happened to the Special Projects Team? I think we never heard of it anymore after the release of FR.