Hirazi Blue wrote:To avoid confusion you might want to open a new thread for your new project. And I'd seriously look into the lighting issue. In a still you should consider to at least set up a "three point light" rig (like described here).
THere is ONE scene in that whole 7 minutes where I messed around with using more than one light.....but I'll take a look at the link.
I probably will start a new thread for the new project eventually, but just in case on the rare occasion someone might wonder why this one hasn't been updated in two weeks, that's why
for the toon shaders, it's one light that you have to use to get the right look. I was suggesting that perhaps each character should get his light if an infinit light doesn't work. three-point lighting is for more realistic scenes.
luceric wrote:for the toon shaders, it's one light that you have to use to get the right look. I was suggesting that perhaps each character should get his light if an infinit light doesn't work. three-point lighting is for more realistic scenes.
How do you set up one light per character?
In this Big Rip Off episode, I am going to need to use light effects to suggest a power outage. but, for whatever reason, the brightening and dimming of lights never seems to render right for me. IF I delete all lights in the scene, it STILL shows up as perfectly lit
luceric wrote:for the toon shaders, it's one light that you have to use to get the right look. I was suggesting that perhaps each character should get his light if an infinit light doesn't work. three-point lighting is for more realistic scenes.
How do you set up one light per character?
Look here associative lights
if you drag and drop any polymesh or model in a light's Associated Model group, the light will start affecting only those objects and nothing else in the scene.
you don't need to create a special light.. you can drag and drop anything on the associated model icon of any light you've already created. the default mode is "exclusive light" so it will automatically switch to lighting only those modes.
I don't know if i'm doing it wrong, or if it's just not giving me the effect I want...but I need something that's a bit more of a spotlight effect for this, I think..
Updated the rip Off Video in a few minutes with a few more shots.
what's left of my unused joints finishing up a massive set. halfway through.
Even though I try not to george lucas this project, I do occasionally make changes that I hope will look more rendered in 3D.
http://vimeo.com/71071390
updated again. for the life of me, I can't f i gure out why the lights are not rendering properly....I dim them, no effect. I brighten them, no effect. I change their color..nothing.
So, I've had to cheat with cubes and 'see through' color effects to achieve the same thing....
The turtle models got very minorly modified. I made the area around the eyes wider, so the mask doesn't look so shrunk and the eyes look so void. I think it looks a little nicer this way.