Could you use a download manager, so you could resume a download from where it breaks down? just a thought? Mine made it through finally, took around 4 hours in total. Should have thought it would go quicker today now the initial rush is over...Hirazi Blue wrote:After 9 or 10 download attempts yesterday evening and several new ones again today (one of which broke down at 1.4Gb) & after it has been implied, this is merely a problem on my side, although previous Autodesk downloads always (more or less) worked the first or second time, I have decided, this really isn’t worth the trouble. Consequently, however, I think it’s best to take some time off from this community.
![]()
One more thought, though: from the “fixed” & “known issues” list (I had more than enough time to study) it seems "CUDA acceleration" hasn’t been “fixed”, but isn’t a “known issue” either?
2011.5 has just landed
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: 2011.5 has just landed
-
xsisupport
- Posts: 713
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
- Location: Montreal Canada
Re: 2011.5 has just landed
What I meant is that the download does work, at least some times and for some people.Hirazi Blue wrote:...after it has been implied, this is merely a problem on my side...
So at least you know that it should be possible.
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: 2011.5 has just landed
Thanks for the clarification...I better start downloading.luceric wrote:There will be no CDs or boxes shipments of subscription advantage packs: they're download-only versions.Rez007 wrote:Thanks to Chinny, Luceric, Stephen and the rest of the Softiamge team, along with Thiago and Eric too. This release looks great!!!
On a side note: If I have my profile on subscription set to "recieve a boxed shipment," does anyone know when they will start to be shipped? Thanks!
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: 2011.5 has just landed
Okay, I have successfully upgraded to the Softimage 2011 Subscription Pack. Suffices to say it took a “little” bit longer than originally intended. As one complete attempt at downloading the installer cost me more than 100 minutes on my obviously slow internet connection, I would suggest Autodesk start splitting files up before offering them for download and/or Autodesk reinstating the (optional) Autodesk Download Manager again. In the end completion of this task wouldn’t have been possible, if it weren’t for the Orbit Downloader, Sandy Sutherland (
) mentioned in a post on the Mailing List. Two other download managers failed miserably, where Orbit (more or less) prevailed (although it gave me two completed downloads that turned out to be corrupted on installing before finally downloading an uncorrupted one).
But nobody’s perfect, not even me…
But nobody’s perfect, not even me…
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Rez007
- Posts: 609
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
- Location: Nevada
Re: 2011.5 has just landed
I guess it is different for everybody, where I experienced zero issues on the download. It was successful on the first go around and didn't take long at all. At least we all have it now. 
Co-Founder/Co-Owner 2GMG (2 Guys Making Games)
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
Creator of Blaster X HD https://itunes.apple.com/app/blaster-x- ... 51024?mt=8
http://www.facebook.com/2GMGames
http://www.twitter.com/2GMGames
-
pBarrelas
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 15 May 2010, 11:47
- Location: Portugal
Re: 2011.5 has just landed
Now you can work in Softimage with one one hand! We have to see this as advantage right?grahamef wrote:Pure genius:
It also can be switched off in case you're getting your views too clattered!
-
Lord Futzi Voldemort
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01
Re: 2011.5 has just landed
Yeah, tried it - I can now check e-mails on my laptop with the other hand. ;)pBarrelas wrote:Now you can work in Softimage with one one hand! We have to see this as advantage right?grahamef wrote:Pure genius:
It also can be switched off in case you're getting your views too clattered!
Achim
I'm now part of an endangered species...
