studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
Hirazi, Bullet > physx.
With Helge's MOM you can get better/more stable results than physx.
I can make physx cry even with 1000 substeps, even with simple objects.
Maybe Helge should sell MOM&Kratos so we can enjoy more updates.
There must be a reason why Bullet is used in so many blockbuster movies.
With Helge's MOM you can get better/more stable results than physx.
I can make physx cry even with 1000 substeps, even with simple objects.
Maybe Helge should sell MOM&Kratos so we can enjoy more updates.
There must be a reason why Bullet is used in so many blockbuster movies.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
Edit by owei:
Helge asked me to remove this info. Hope, you understand! Cheers, oliver
Helge asked me to remove this info. Hope, you understand! Cheers, oliver
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
Fair price. Hopefully we will see kratos 2.0 some day too!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
Interesting - Nice move from StudioNEST to let him sell it publicly
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
To comment on the deletion of my earlier post: I only quoted and linked to pages that were publicly available.
I only found them myself, while Googling. It's hardly MY mistake, I found these pages...
I only found them myself, while Googling. It's hardly MY mistake, I found these pages...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
Because some people haven't found out yet. Helge is NOT part of studionest or sixbirds anymore.rray wrote:Interesting - Nice move from StudioNEST to let him sell it publicly
Because of internal management issues the entire 3D stuff of sixbirds/studionest left the company the last months.
With this said it should be clear that Momentum 2.0 is not developed by studionest or sixbirds.
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
Momentum is much more then Lagoa in my opinion.Hirazi Blue wrote:Don't get me wrong: this isn't the wrong place to post these kinds of questions. At the moment, however, the thread I mentioned at the XSIBase seems more active (and includes studioNEST's involvement), thus increasing your chance at a fast and (hopefully) correct answer somewhat. ;)
Momentum 2 will be just wonderful.
Caching would be the best way to prevent this imho.sattish wrote:hi!
Much thanks to Helge and studiNEST for these great addons !!. BTW is there is special way to render the simulations with MR ? I tried rendering the basic MOM wall collapse(tutorial 8 in the vimeo channel) but i keep getting the same frame(sometimes first frame and sometimes last frame) rendered again and again, should i cache the simulation first or something ? sorry if i sound noobish i never tried simulation before
cheers!
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
I (who I suspect you mean with some people...) knew about that.Helli wrote:Because some people haven't found out yet. Helge is NOT part of studionest or sixbirds anymore.
Because of internal management issues the entire 3D stuff of sixbirds/studionest left the company the last months.
With this said it should be clear that Momentum 2.0 is not developed by studionest or sixbirds.
Still it would seem it would need their consent since the first release was developed while he was working there, so... nice move...
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
Helli
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 09:21
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
Depends on what he took from momentum and it depends a lot on the license used.rray wrote:Helli wrote: I (who I suspect you mean with some people...) knew about that.
Still it would seem it would need their consent since the first release was developed while he was working there, so... nice move...
In the case of momentum it is some sort of open source license which allows you to use momentum and even sell it (at least I think this is the case for momentum)
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
so what does this mean for the rest of the tools developed under Studionest open source?
Will there be updates, or is it the end of the line?
Will there be updates, or is it the end of the line?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
Well, AFAIK, the studioNest addons are technically still open source software (most of them licensed under the LGPL), even if they stopped providing the source code, so, again AFAIK, anyone who has the source code could still further the development (within the limitations of LGPL)
;)
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
ShaderOp
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 11 Sep 2009, 18:15
- Skype: shaderop
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
I have no idea, but I hope that the other tools will find a home with some company as commercial products. Something like Gear has the potential to become the de facto rigging tool for Softimage if some more TLC was put into it.Werner wrote:so what does this mean for the rest of the tools developed under Studionest open source?
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: studioNEST Momentum & Kratos [Released]
From this thread over at the XSIBase I get the distinct impression that GEAR is still alive
(i.e. there will be some update for it in the (near?) future).
(i.e. there will be some update for it in the (near?) future).
Stay safe, sane & healthy!