The Remover [image heavy]
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: The Remover [image heavy]
Beautiful work McNistor! Congrats man.
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: The Remover [image heavy]
Why thank you 
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
huva
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 19:33
- Skype: huva3d
- Location: Moldova
Re: The Remover [image heavy]
Superb!
-
stevejjd
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 04 Nov 2018, 09:02
- Location: Sydney
Re: The Remover [image heavy]
Im new to XSI - I wish you made a tutorial for this, such a great model.
Legends Never Die
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
Re: The Remover [image heavy]
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... lgarov+xsi <-- speed modeling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygAI6THuLM8&t=4146s <-- amazing one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_7r7pl56U8&t=1197s <-- amazing one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdNvVu9gec&t=4403s <-- amazing one
i somewhat pasted the link when video was already started, just watch these from start, its golden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygAI6THuLM8&t=4146s <-- amazing one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_7r7pl56U8&t=1197s <-- amazing one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBdNvVu9gec&t=4403s <-- amazing one
i somewhat pasted the link when video was already started, just watch these from start, its golden.
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: The Remover [image heavy]
Hi stevejjd,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I'm no longer a regular visitor on this forum.
The links posted above by Maximus are a great learning source and showcase for XSI sub-d modeling.
Since I transitioned to Houdini, I haven't done much poly modeling, I've focused on mainly sculpting and learning non-modeling features in Houdini (its hair system, rigging, rendering, etc).
If you're interested in sub-d modeling, consider following me on vimeo as I might post a video tutorial in the 2nd half of the year, should sidefx implement the fixes and feature requests I filed recently - yes, the tutorial will be about sub-d modeling in Houdini, but the principles are the same as in all poly modeling 3d packages.
Sub-d modeling is currently possible in Houdini, but given the multitude of issues I've encountered, I can't yet recommend it to "purists" that are by definition not interested in or downright against using scripting and pseudo programming environments like VEX.
IMO, you should get into learning Houdini, for reasons that are too many and complex to explore here, but of course, that's a choice everyone is free to make or not.
Cheers!
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I'm no longer a regular visitor on this forum.
The links posted above by Maximus are a great learning source and showcase for XSI sub-d modeling.
Since I transitioned to Houdini, I haven't done much poly modeling, I've focused on mainly sculpting and learning non-modeling features in Houdini (its hair system, rigging, rendering, etc).
If you're interested in sub-d modeling, consider following me on vimeo as I might post a video tutorial in the 2nd half of the year, should sidefx implement the fixes and feature requests I filed recently - yes, the tutorial will be about sub-d modeling in Houdini, but the principles are the same as in all poly modeling 3d packages.
Sub-d modeling is currently possible in Houdini, but given the multitude of issues I've encountered, I can't yet recommend it to "purists" that are by definition not interested in or downright against using scripting and pseudo programming environments like VEX.
IMO, you should get into learning Houdini, for reasons that are too many and complex to explore here, but of course, that's a choice everyone is free to make or not.
Cheers!
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides