On Road Kill site, author said: ''LSCM and ABF code taken from Blender 2.41 and 2.42'', so, I think it still has something with Blender development. Nit picking, but real question is, why XSI had no mentioned unwrapper.....luceric wrote:
For LSCM unwrapping, Blender simply integrated a premade library called OpenNL library, developed by Inria two years prior, copy/paste as it always does with things, and this is absolutely not a blender development.
Just to add another helper from open source side - around XSI 5, when I figured out how disastrous nothing is a built renderer ( and no one alternative in these times), I was ready to forget the Softimage and everything related - but, found a compromise to go back to POV-Ray for radiosity stills, ( also to change interests and avoid any rendering).
So it was an open source, again, which helped me to even accept (or exactly, forget) the XSI rendering ''concepts''.