Free Autodesk flame training edition

News concerning 3D DCC business
Bellsey
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
Location: London, UnitedKingdom

Re: Free Autodesk flame training edition

Post by Bellsey » 27 Nov 2014, 22:41

Tekano wrote:Bellsey, Ive not used one but sat next to a few operators over the years and seen them work or fed them 3d renders / mattes etc its very pen gesture driven and has a few neat tricks but IMO - not taking anything away from the incredible skill & talent of its operators its designed for super quick real time client fluff at the end only and you are wrong in your assumptions that nuke is a 'simple' comping app as it too grades and finishes many commercials and movies. much more I imagine than Flame does...

and this turnkey system you speak of.. this is how I bought Softimage 3D back in the day, coupled with Intergraph hardware and look what happened with that.

next week: Flame on a cloud!
I'm well aware of Nuke's status and capabilities, so I'm not making wild assumptions or being derogative about the product. I've no doubt that many doing alot of work in Nuke that could also be done by Flame and similar systems. But has good as Nuke is, it perhaps falls short in some areas, which is why perhaps that The Foundry have announced Nuke Studio.

I'm by no means an expert on finishing products, but I'm sure there are some good reasons why the likes of MPC, Framestore, and The Mill still use a good amount of Flame.