You need to import your files to the Daminion before displaying their folders in the Daminion's Folder panel. This is how most of the image management (not image viewers) work.
You can address all further questions related to the Daminion usage to support/at/daminion/dot/net or let's chat by skype (picajet).
Image / video managers, organizers & asset manager review
-
KMurat
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 20:39
-
Paulrus
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 09:41
Re: Image / video managers, organizers & asset manager review
Right... which is why I initially said it doesn't have a file browser. Which is a huge negative in my opinion.
-
Paulrus
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 09:41
Re: Image / video managers, organizers & asset manager review
Time to do a long-term follow-up to my own post.
I've been using IMatch5 for a while now and it has not been all rainbows and unicorns. In fact, I'm really disappointed with it.
First, the developer of IMatch has a really bad attitude on his forums. He doesn't seem to grasp that everything he does represents his company - so a bad attitude and treating customer's questions as a waste of his time really impacts the overall impression of his company. This alone makes me believe that IMatch is never going to be a big success. (unless a bigger company buys him out and hires people who understand PR and customer service)
Second, IMatch's database is constantly being corrupted. I have started from scratch 5 times now, and each time, after a couple of days or weeks, I am greeted with "Severe Database Problems detected!" Repairing never fixes the problem and I have to resort to a backup. Sending in support requests leads back to the first problem - a developer who views his customers as annoying and treats support questions as a waste of his time.
Unfortunately, I'm giving up on IMatch for my asset management needs.
At some point someone will get it right, but for now I'm back to good old Adobe Bridge.
-Paul
I've been using IMatch5 for a while now and it has not been all rainbows and unicorns. In fact, I'm really disappointed with it.
First, the developer of IMatch has a really bad attitude on his forums. He doesn't seem to grasp that everything he does represents his company - so a bad attitude and treating customer's questions as a waste of his time really impacts the overall impression of his company. This alone makes me believe that IMatch is never going to be a big success. (unless a bigger company buys him out and hires people who understand PR and customer service)
Second, IMatch's database is constantly being corrupted. I have started from scratch 5 times now, and each time, after a couple of days or weeks, I am greeted with "Severe Database Problems detected!" Repairing never fixes the problem and I have to resort to a backup. Sending in support requests leads back to the first problem - a developer who views his customers as annoying and treats support questions as a waste of his time.
Unfortunately, I'm giving up on IMatch for my asset management needs.
At some point someone will get it right, but for now I'm back to good old Adobe Bridge.
-Paul
-
KMurat
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 02 Nov 2014, 20:39
Re: Image / video managers, organizers & asset manager review
We, at Daminion Software, constanly improve our Daminion, and since my last response on this forum a new Daminion 3.7 version was released with a bunch of improvements like accelerating preview of large images (PSD, TIFF, Camera RAW and BMP formats), grouping of similar images, Active Directory integration for multi-user Daminion Server edition, support for new media formats and improved Tray panel.
Recently we started testing a new Daminion 4.0 version with several nice additions like Approved/Unapproved tags, linking files, exclusion or files by mask and more.
Recently we started testing a new Daminion 4.0 version with several nice additions like Approved/Unapproved tags, linking files, exclusion or files by mask and more.