Nizar is correct, i'm afraid, but I would immediately contact your local reseller with this or a very similar question. Some resellers are more friendly than others... Maybe there is some special offer for cases like yours, you'll never know and Autodesk is notoriously bad at broadcasting these things worldwide.
Don't get your hopes up, though.
Modo:50% off for Softimage users
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Modo:50% off for Softimage users
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Nox
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 11:28
Re: Modo:50% off for Softimage users
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's against EU law?You cannot sell your ADSK license
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Modo:50% off for Softimage users
@nox
I think, you are right. I think you are alowed to sell and buy used software in the E.U. like stated here. (German language...sorry ;) )
I think, you are right. I think you are alowed to sell and buy used software in the E.U. like stated here. (German language...sorry ;) )
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Modo:50% off for Softimage users
Strictly IMHO: nothing I write here should be used against me...
Strictly speaking, you are allowed to, there is however still the matter of how this is put in practice. One court ruling doesn't necessarily make things all that much easier for the individual user, unless you are willing to go to court yourself to assert your rights (which might take a while). It all depends, in this case, on how Autodesk responded to this ruling, what provisions they've put in place for customers from the EU. In any case: a local reseller should know!

Strictly speaking, you are allowed to, there is however still the matter of how this is put in practice. One court ruling doesn't necessarily make things all that much easier for the individual user, unless you are willing to go to court yourself to assert your rights (which might take a while). It all depends, in this case, on how Autodesk responded to this ruling, what provisions they've put in place for customers from the EU. In any case: a local reseller should know!
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Modo:50% off for Softimage users
FYI: I bought my first Softimage license (7.0) 'second hand'. The reseller (cyber-dreams in this case) took care of the formalities back then.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Modo:50% off for Softimage users
But that was in Avid days, wasn't it? Different set of rules altogether, IIRC...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Modo:50% off for Softimage users
Right, Avid it was (a few weeks before the accursed AD overtake...).
Anyway, rules apply the same to all, don't they? Did you ask your reseller already?
Anyway, rules apply the same to all, don't they? Did you ask your reseller already?
-
MauricioPC
- Moderator
- Posts: 1089
- Joined: 16 Sep 2013, 11:39
Re: Modo:50% off for Softimage users
Not yet as I don't have a reseller. My license was a student license. I think there's a school here that sells Autodesk license. Might try to call them today.Eugen wrote:Right, Avid it was (a few weeks before the accursed AD overtake...).
Anyway, rules apply the same to all, don't they? Did you ask your reseller already?