Reimplement ICE Modeling to usable state.
-
jamination
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58
Re: Reimplement ICE Modeling to usable state.
In my mind there is no doubt it is a superior modeller, it has features you just can't do in softimage, most importantly (to me), the modelling brushes. The thing is once you are comfortable modelling in a program, anything else seems awkward, so spending just 1 day in modo, will probably just piss a person off, it does (like anything) take a committment.
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions
Jamination Productions
-
Pooby
- Posts: 501
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25
Re: Reimplement ICE Modeling to usable state.
https://vimeo.com/85431798
Just out of interest
Just out of interest
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: Reimplement ICE Modeling to usable state.
With all the excitement over the MeshFusion stuff, did anyone bother to take a look at the output mesh?
-
rray
- Moderator
- Posts: 1810
- Joined: 26 Sep 2009, 13:51
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: Reimplement ICE Modeling to usable state.
I don't think they did a z-remesher like approach, so output will be something similar to meshed NURBS (triangles) probably.
softimage resources section updated Sep 26th 2026
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Reimplement ICE Modeling to usable state.
Yeah, if you look closely @ 2:15 it seems that the topology at the cut out volumes is lots of triangles around the edges. Rather messy for texturing purposes, but I think it's very good for exploring shapes as well as for showcasing different products that don't require extreme realism.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Reimplement ICE Modeling to usable state.
To be fair, afaik it seems they added a few more options, just like meshing the trimmed Nurbs, like quads and triangles, triangles only. Not sure if they added 100% welding at seams.EricTRocks wrote:With all the excitement over the MeshFusion stuff, did anyone bother to take a look at the output mesh?
But, yeah, nothing than could e subdivided properly, after Mesh fusion. So hard to name it ' 'boolean on subdivs ' as there is no subdivs, anymore.
Still no UV transfer, as an additional issue.
There's already thread on Modo forum about using zBrush re mesher, results are looking nice, even on really simple shapes, at least for now. But.... when zBrush re mesher is already in combo, why not to use zBrush for everything. As we all probably know, a lot of 'hard surface' stuff is already displayed on zBrush forums.
-
probiner
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 09:52
Re: Reimplement ICE Modeling to usable state.
I have a lot to read here.
While not streamlined I circuvent some issues with Topology only in Modeling stack by cloning the object. Then I can have whatever I want in Shape and Animation and then another Modeling stack.
The issue with clones is new clusters in the source won't be transferred to the clone, so I have to re-clone and and apply my ICE Tree again.
Cheers
While not streamlined I circuvent some issues with Topology only in Modeling stack by cloning the object. Then I can have whatever I want in Shape and Animation and then another Modeling stack.
The issue with clones is new clusters in the source won't be transferred to the clone, so I have to re-clone and and apply my ICE Tree again.
Cheers