Idea for a tool : tweak weights

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
SpookyMunky
Posts: 102
Joined: 14 Jun 2012, 00:30

Re: Idea for a tool : tweak weights

Post by SpookyMunky » 20 Jan 2014, 14:14

hmm, so can I just shove on immed purely for uvs / enveloping ?.. don't usually have a need for a live stack on either.. hmmmms :) I do freeze what I'm not using as I work, after each save when I remember..

I guess am scared if I start to use immed again, I might make a mistake, like somewhere where a bit of tweaking on stack / deleting new stuff mighta fixed. I freeze stack only ever after a save since if nothing else, its a damn good way to actually save undoable history to a file :D ... Modelling I find it essential purely cos I dunno say I add an edge loop using knife / whatever + middle click, only way to adjust that loop is to look at modelling stack...... never mind the amount of cool stuff you can do adjusting ze stack hehe.

Most of the stack issues Iv seen is stuff I think I know about, so many years of leaving stacks going hehe..

"Softimage would also start scrambling the already painted weights on other areas by redistributing the smooth influences"

Id say is because he started an envelope stack then went back and modelled some more, destroid point order that something was relying on ?.

Might try immed again, maybe, purely for weights / uvs...... maybe, is a hard sell, am old and stubborn :P

User avatar
myara
Posts: 406
Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33

Re: Idea for a tool : tweak weights

Post by myara » 20 Jan 2014, 14:27

To be honest I've never seen that problem with smooth, but I've had a few similar problems weighting manually (typing numbers) and undoing with a lot of history stacked. Weird weigths all over my unselected points. A weight undo with a heavy history model may a very dangerous practice.

I work mostly with games assets so when I'm enveloping or tweaking with M tool I don't need any operator alive anymore. Maybe freezing manually works better for you.

Sorry for the pseudo offtopic.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)