sant0s wrote:hey,
just tried to test render on rebus farm - but it always gives error message that the path to images is wrong and stops rendering.
so I guess, I have to check/uncheck something and maybe change the environment for textures?
It's probably the Textures Search Path in the Renderer options.
I don't know how Rebus Farm works, and a quick scan of their web site didn't tell me how it handles texture paths.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage
thats actually what im need, thx.
only problem is, that the gradient gets streched as longer the strand gets - so i guess, i need to get some more data from the strand to feed into the shader?
is it possible to calculate a fixed part on the strand and input that to the gradient?
Can't speak for arnold but in mental ray you could write each strand's length into an attribute, read that attribute from the render tree using the scalar attribute node, and convert that value some way into gradient colors positions so that the absolute length of the tip part remains constant for example.
If Solidangle did a 1:1 conversion of the gradient node that should work there too.
Its working for Strand Trails already. Using Scalar Attribute and set it to StrandAge, Value to 1 and input that into the gradient.
For Strands itself i'll have to figure out how that works - seems to be bit more than just to nodes.
Do you mean each strand segments length? Because strand length is already in the list.
Will try that later - but I think I just have to divide the strand length through segment count to get segments length ;)
I would use total strand length, in case the segments have different lengths. There are compounds out there that calculate ther total strand length (kristinka/melena?)
It would require a relation higher strandlength ==> lower value for the gradient node so it must be an inverse relation of some kind for example 1/strandLength times some factor
diissar wrote:hello,Im a little bit confused about linear workflow settings,can anyone help?
Im using Softimage 2014SP2.
Output gamma is the gamma correction applied to the render region, and to non-floating point render output.
Shader/light/texture gamma are for linearizingthe input data.
You could set all the Arnold gamma settings to 1, and use the Softimage color management settings (some people leave the Arnold Texture gamma at 2.2, to linearize 8- and 16-bit non-floating point textures).
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage
diissar wrote:hello,Im a little bit confused about linear workflow settings,can anyone help?
Im using Softimage 2014SP2.
Output gamma is the gamma correction applied to the render region, and to non-floating point render output.
Shader/light/texture gamma are for linearizingthe input data.
You could set all the Arnold gamma settings to 1, and use the Softimage color management settings (some people leave the Arnold Texture gamma at 2.2, to linearize 8- and 16-bit non-floating point textures).
was triying to build something like a street shader and got a result that is fine for what I need it.
I also tried to get it to run under arnold, but as you can see on the image, there is that falloff.
any idea how to fix that? I have noticed that in the ppg of the gradient, right at the border where white and black meet, the slider has a little fallof, too.
the gradient itself has that problem - its not that I plugged something wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.