Unofficial Softimage user voice

News concerning 3D DCC business
Bellsey
Posts: 688
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
Location: London, UnitedKingdom

Re: Unofficial Softimage user voice

Post by Bellsey » 11 Oct 2013, 11:27

Hirazi Blue wrote:
EricTRocks wrote:Let's try to be optimistic Hirazi.
You're right, I should try a bit harder. Sadly, the last couple of years of Softimage development and Autodesk maneuvering have drained my optimism somewhat. And I stand by my original complaint: if they like the idea so much, why haven't they ever opened an official user voice site?
;)
This was actually discussed earlier in the year. And if I can recall (without searching), alot comes down to commitment and resourcing. As we found from the Max/Maya/Mudbox uservoices, it's a great initiative. But it has to come with an internal commitment to try and and fix a certain percentage of issues. Cory did mention this at the user event, right at the top of the year.
I'm not saying we'd never do a uservoice for Softimage, but there has been more emphasis in getting people onto the Beta forums, so maybe the team thought that would be a better approach.

The fact that someone has gone ahead and created a user voice themselves, is a great thing. I'm sure the team will look at it, we certainly don't ignore feedback, and (as someone mentioned the SIC) we didn't ignore the data from the SIC survey either.
Stefan may have popped up on the list, but he hasn't been totally invisible, he was able to come to London and see a number of studios to gather more information and feedback.

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Unofficial Softimage user voice

Post by luceric » 11 Oct 2013, 14:19

Hirazi Blue wrote:I might have interpreted his Linkedin description as a "Principal User Experience Designer" too narrowly then...
maybe you did not. He's not leading the development team, he's the interaction designer working *with* the team. The development manager is the one that leads the team. And the Program Manager is one that decides the overall direction of the product. Softimage is smaller team and has only one PD, PM. Larger teams will have many, one per area.

As for the other bit, corporate titles are pretty confusing.. "Principal" means something about seniority/rank, it can usually be ignored. For example, I'm Principal Softimage Engineer on Maya. I never use that title (especially not on linked in) because that sounds more important that it actually is.


Edit:It's actually Principal "Software" Engineer, of course
Last edited by luceric on 12 Oct 2013, 12:59, edited 2 times in total.

SreckoM
Posts: 187
Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 22:18
Skype: srecko.micic

Re: Unofficial Softimage user voice

Post by SreckoM » 11 Oct 2013, 15:08

So you are Principal Softimage Engineer on Maya B-)
- H -

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: Unofficial Softimage user voice

Post by Bullit » 11 Oct 2013, 15:32

That is a weird title, some freudian slip?

luceric
Posts: 1252
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08

Re: Unofficial Softimage user voice

Post by luceric » 11 Oct 2013, 16:27

it's a Freudian slip I do all the time!

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Unofficial Softimage user voice

Post by Hirazi Blue » 12 Oct 2013, 12:09

Shucks, it could have been the start of a brand-new conspiracy theory... :ymalien: :D
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Unofficial Softimage user voice

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 12 Oct 2013, 12:31

luceric wrote: Softimage is smaller team and has only one PD, PM.
Which for some reason seems to cost just as much as a larger team.... ;)
I'm now part of an endangered species...