Network licensing support without subscription?

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Network licensing support without subscription?

Post by xsisupport » 15 Oct 2013, 14:56

An Ethernet address of ffffffff usually means you have a teamed adapter.

If that's not the case, then I don't know the exact problem.
Here's one other case that sounds similar.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Network licensing support without subscription?

Post by adrencg » 15 Oct 2013, 15:31

xsisupport wrote:An Ethernet address of ffffffff usually means you have a teamed adapter.

If that's not the case, then I don't know the exact problem.
Here's one other case that sounds similar.
That guy has pretty much the same problem I do...except I already have Automatic(Delayed Start) set up in my service. I hate to try this, but I'm wondering what your opinion would be on just nuking all FlexNet and Autodesk software from my computer, and starting over. Could it be something in the original setup, or am I just so close to having this corrected, it's not worth the trouble?

User avatar
xsisupport
Posts: 713
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:02
Location: Montreal Canada

Re: Network licensing support without subscription?

Post by xsisupport » 15 Oct 2013, 16:47

adrencg wrote:
xsisupport wrote:An Ethernet address of ffffffff usually means you have a teamed adapter.

If that's not the case, then I don't know the exact problem.
Here's one other case that sounds similar.
That guy has pretty much the same problem I do...except I already have Automatic(Delayed Start) set up in my service. I hate to try this, but I'm wondering what your opinion would be on just nuking all FlexNet and Autodesk software from my computer, and starting over. Could it be something in the original setup, or am I just so close to having this corrected, it's not worth the trouble?
It has nothing to do with the Autodesk software like Softimage, just the Autodesk Network License Manager (AdlM). I doubt reinstalling AdlM will help, but you could try different versions.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

adrencg
Posts: 196
Joined: 04 May 2012, 22:50

Re: Network licensing support without subscription?

Post by adrencg » 27 Oct 2013, 22:21

Stephen, I think I may have found the culprit in all of my license manager problems. I had ipv6 off when you had helped me recently. But a week ago I turned it on again, and my "no network license" errors came back. I had also recently upgraded to sp2 and found that I couldn't get batch licenses to work again. Once I turned off ipv6 (with the Microsoft hotfix), I was able to instantly get batch licenses working for all nodes -- and no more license server disconnects. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I think that may have been the problem.

and I am definitely using the ipv6 version of the license manager.