Welcome..!
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Welcome..!
Owei, thank you kindly - what else to say 
-
Deracus
- Posts: 75
- Joined: 05 Jun 2009, 08:24
- Location: Leipzig, Germany
Re: Welcome..!
thanks again owei...i really appreciate the effort you are putting in here.
I hope the baby evolves and grows
I hope the baby evolves and grows
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Welcome..!
de nada, guys
@deracus
...hopefully it does...hopefully for the hole community..!
@deracus
...hopefully it does...hopefully for the hole community..!
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
SteveC
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 23:02
Re: Welcome..!
Ha Ha!
You beat me to it. I was just discussing to a friend of mine. Good thing too as I have too many projects already.

Lets hope that this site stays!
You beat me to it. I was just discussing to a friend of mine. Good thing too as I have too many projects already.
Lets hope that this site stays!
-
CiaranM
- Posts: 87
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 23:37
- Location: London
Re: Welcome..!
Now, this is a forum that's pleasing on the eyes. Good job!
So long 'Area'...we hardly knew ye!
So long 'Area'...we hardly knew ye!
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Welcome..!
@SteveC
...yes, I hope so too...it was some veeeery spontanios decision...but a big hug to the developers of pphpBB, they did a great job. Otherwise it would not have been possible to set it all up to this stage presented now.For me it was necassary to give an alternative to certain places (you know what I mean ;) )fastly..and, as mentioned in the release note, joining in and participating is very welcome ;)
@CiaranM
...nice to hear, that you like it ;)
cheers,
oliver
...yes, I hope so too...it was some veeeery spontanios decision...but a big hug to the developers of pphpBB, they did a great job. Otherwise it would not have been possible to set it all up to this stage presented now.For me it was necassary to give an alternative to certain places (you know what I mean ;) )fastly..and, as mentioned in the release note, joining in and participating is very welcome ;)
@CiaranM
...nice to hear, that you like it ;)
cheers,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de
-
Firebird
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:08
- Location: Vienna
Re: Welcome..!
Great
thanks for the effort you went trough to create an "alternative"
I´m a bit busy but will definitely try to be part of this "building up" community.
thanks for the effort you went trough to create an "alternative"
I´m a bit busy but will definitely try to be part of this "building up" community.
-
eternal art
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 20:48
- Location: UAE - Abu Dhabi
Re: Welcome..!
thanks guys for this site .. the autdesk area will drive me crazy .
3D Supervisor - Production House .
-
Leo
- Posts: 128
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06
Re: Welcome..!
No it won'teternal art wrote:thanks guys for this site .. the autdesk area will drive me crazy .
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Welcome..!
Thanks for taking the time to get this up and running. The more places available to exchange compunds, plugins etc. the better. Keep up the good work.
-
Werner
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 11:30
Re: Welcome..!
Great to be part of the new Forum. Hi guys - from Luma Studio here in South Africa. 
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: Welcome..!
This is great, Its already a vast improvement of user and readability to the AUTODESK butchered community site. and in much less time too. Gonna upload my weightmap ICE Compounds when ive got some time later, the ones that have been up on the old Community site for over a year but Autodesk still have not managed to transfer yet.
thanks a bunch for doing this.
thanks a bunch for doing this.
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
redmotion
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
- Location: London
Re: Welcome..!
Great stuff guys. Thanks for this. A forum that looks like a forum should!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like barfing everytime I went to "The Area".
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like barfing everytime I went to "The Area".
-
origin
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
- Location: warsaw
Re: Welcome..!
I hope this board will bring all the old .net users. Fells like home again ;)
BTW, if this site will grow and grow, I hope It won't be abandoned if admin gets bored or smth else? And will you do backups of database ?
BTW, if this site will grow and grow, I hope It won't be abandoned if admin gets bored or smth else? And will you do backups of database ?
-
Leo
- Posts: 128
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 15:06
Re: Welcome..!
Thanks for the concern, but I can assure you that that won't be a problem. I'm pretty sure that Oliver is very dedicated towards this and will continue to take care of the site.origin wrote:I hope this board will bring all the old .net users. Fells like home again ;)
BTW, if this site will grow and grow, I hope It won't be abandoned if admin gets bored or smth else? And will you do backups of database ?
In the unlikely case of Owei abandoning the site, there are enough people standing behind this who have similar possibilities as far as hosting goes. Me just to name one, so no worries if this forum turns out to be the nice place we are all hoping for then we will definitely find a way to sustain it.
-
owei
- Administrator
- Posts: 840
- Joined: 03 Jun 2009, 15:25
- Location: Siegen/Germany
Re: Welcome..!
@origin
..it´s like leo says...this site is dedicated to the community, I´ll do my very best to keep it up, aswell as many other guys ;)
...and yes, I´m doing backups, of course...otherwise some bugs in certain scripts like this morning would not be repairable...tomorrow I´ll get some more abilities to automate this...
cheers,
oliver
..it´s like leo says...this site is dedicated to the community, I´ll do my very best to keep it up, aswell as many other guys ;)
...and yes, I´m doing backups, of course...otherwise some bugs in certain scripts like this morning would not be repairable...tomorrow I´ll get some more abilities to automate this...
cheers,
oliver
Founder of www.si-community.com
http://www.pixelpanic.de
http://www.pixelpanic.de