Soon: improved Area platform
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
Please enlighten me (because I don't visit that abomination of a forum), they merged Maya and Softimage subforums into one? Can't figure out just from reading that text...
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
come on... they are doing this on porpouse, right? right?
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
Maya is just a plugin of Softimage, all the Mayan have been using Softimage for years and they didn't know it .....
Just slap some bugs, a few chosen plugins, a different UI and some new viewport gizmo so that they won't notice.

Explain why the development team went to Maya ;)
(they never left ... )
Just slap some bugs, a few chosen plugins, a different UI and some new viewport gizmo so that they won't notice.
Explain why the development team went to Maya ;)
(they never left ... )
Last edited by Daniel Brassard on 12 Jun 2013, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
Bellsey
- Posts: 688
- Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 09:50
- Location: London, UnitedKingdom
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
again, nothing to see here. Though I think the wording is wrong.
What's happened, from I can see, is that instead of having subforums under each product relating to the specific version, we're just having a Autodesk Softimage General, Autodesk Maya General.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk- ... ertainment
ok, stand down people
What's happened, from I can see, is that instead of having subforums under each product relating to the specific version, we're just having a Autodesk Softimage General, Autodesk Maya General.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk- ... ertainment
ok, stand down people
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
You THINK the wording is wrong???Though I think the wording is wrong.
PS: The wording (or more specifically one word) was why I posted this in the first place,
not out of some weird conspiratorial fantasy...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
McNistor
- Posts: 605
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 15:26
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
I've changed my signature very recently and I didn't think for a sec it would come in handy so soon.
I don't understand what's going on here and because I'm busy and also lazy to try to figure it out, I'll just - see signature, hopefully you recognize it.
I don't understand what's going on here and because I'm busy and also lazy to try to figure it out, I'll just - see signature, hopefully you recognize it.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides
-Thucydides
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
Hey Hirazi Blue, the landing page has been updated on the Area. The M word has been replaced.
They must have seen your post!

They must have seen your post!
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
Yeah, I noticed it too. I guess an unnamed Area blogger, who also visits here has notified them (if so, thanks!). I just noticed something very silly as I wanted to comment on a blog post by "Mr. Entertainment". My old alias "Hirazi Blue" still exists, when I use everything but the forums. So commenting on a blog still gets done as "Hirazi Blue", but once I enter the forums, I'm back to "leendert68" again. The old Area logons and the new forum logons both exist, albeit strictly separated. Did I already mention, this is silly?
Reminds me of Truespace 7.6 (but don't ask me why).

Reminds me of Truespace 7.6 (but don't ask me why).
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Draise
- Posts: 894
- Joined: 09 Oct 2012, 18:48
- Skype: ondraise
- Location: Colombia
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
You know of trueSpace 7.6!??! Hah! I still use it to play around, just for fun.
-
Falam
Re: Soon: improved Area platform
What is missing from the new Area platform is "view active topics" for each program.
I used TrueSpace as well, it was a good program. It was bought by Microsoft then it was discontinued, RiP TrueSpace.
I used TrueSpace as well, it was a good program. It was bought by Microsoft then it was discontinued, RiP TrueSpace.