What new attributes ICE should have?

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Pooby
Posts: 501
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25

Re: What new attributes ICE should have?

Post by Pooby » 14 Apr 2013, 20:08

I don't understand how that works. Not sure if it's the same thing. With that, could you get the neighbours of the neighbours? If so, I'm impressed. Somehow I doubt it will work though.

fabricio.chamon
Posts: 94
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:47

Re: What new attributes ICE should have?

Post by fabricio.chamon » 14 Apr 2013, 22:41

- automatic value interpolation (weightmaps, UVs, etc) for ice based topology changes. It is a bit annoyng to have to reconstruct all the uv's when you split an edge with ice.

iamVFX
Posts: 697
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28

Re: What new attributes ICE should have?

Post by iamVFX » 15 Apr 2013, 02:02

Pooby wrote:With that, could you get the neighbours of the neighbours?
Image

Pooby
Posts: 501
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25

Re: What new attributes ICE should have?

Post by Pooby » 15 Apr 2013, 08:50

Thats Per object. I'm talking about using it on points, to find the neighbours neighbours.

iamVFX
Posts: 697
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28

Re: What new attributes ICE should have?

Post by iamVFX » 15 Apr 2013, 10:14

Pooby wrote:Thats Per object. I'm talking about using it on points, to find the neighbours neighbours.
Before building an array you can work with it as with per point attribute. In fact, it is a per point attribute. Per generated element, to be precise. Would be easier if you would describe the exact problem, because I've already replaced all my repeat nodes with this method

Pooby
Posts: 501
Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 20:25

Re: What new attributes ICE should have?

Post by Pooby » 15 Apr 2013, 10:40

Its not a specific problem I have. I just suggested that it would be a nice thing to have ICE handle natively.
If you want to try what solving this particular example. I'd like to have points on a mesh find the neighbour locations of their neighbours.

Thanks for the input

NNois
Posts: 754
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 18:33

Re: What new attributes ICE should have?

Post by NNois » 16 Apr 2013, 10:17

iamVFX, just an offthread question.
how do you activate anti aliasing in the viewport ? it is a switch in the settings of the graphics card but witch one ?

iamVFX
Posts: 697
Joined: 24 Sep 2010, 16:28

Re: What new attributes ICE should have?

Post by iamVFX » 16 Apr 2013, 11:52

NNois wrote:iamVFX, just an offthread question.
how do you activate anti aliasing in the viewport ? it is a switch in the settings of the graphics card but witch one ?
"High" Quality viewport. It's really great at making screenshots

Paul, like so? I know it's not that pretty as if it could be done with multidimensional array, and it's not procedural either (you can't choose levels of neighbors with a slider), but it can be performed already if you really need it

Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.