About Gustavo and Matheus, I don't read anything so offensive to be honest.
Modo 701 around the corner
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
I don't insulting anyone (hope ADSK did not offend if I mentioned her ass... 
About Gustavo and Matheus, I don't read anything so offensive to be honest.
About Gustavo and Matheus, I don't read anything so offensive to be honest.
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
I am sorry if it came out that way. It was not my intention to insult anyone, specially Luc who seems like a very nice guy that talks about so much stuff openly and sincerly in this forum.
I think internet talk has a bit of that as you cant quite make out what was the actual tone people intended to some phrases. You lose many subtulties.
Anyway I was just trying to point out how eye opening many of Lucs posts are, while of course noting they have quite a different content now that he is not part of SI dev anymore.
Anyways my sincere apologies to anyone who might have been ofended.
I think internet talk has a bit of that as you cant quite make out what was the actual tone people intended to some phrases. You lose many subtulties.
Anyway I was just trying to point out how eye opening many of Lucs posts are, while of course noting they have quite a different content now that he is not part of SI dev anymore.
Anyways my sincere apologies to anyone who might have been ofended.
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
Eugen
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 11:40
- Location: Vienna/Austria
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
Guys,
as you know, Modo does not have a modeling, or any other, operator graph of any kind, for now. (it same some kind of deform stack)
Modeling is linear, it's like working in Immed Mode all the time. A showstopper, for my taste. It logs script commands, of course, and there's undo, but you know.
Anyone heard of plans this is gonna change? Or maybe there will be some plugin, something like Grasshopper for Rhino...?
What's the gossip... Not much to find on the web.
Cheers,
Eugen
as you know, Modo does not have a modeling, or any other, operator graph of any kind, for now. (it same some kind of deform stack)
Modeling is linear, it's like working in Immed Mode all the time. A showstopper, for my taste. It logs script commands, of course, and there's undo, but you know.
Anyone heard of plans this is gonna change? Or maybe there will be some plugin, something like Grasshopper for Rhino...?
What's the gossip... Not much to find on the web.
Cheers,
Eugen
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
The absence of hystory stack is not a so big issue for me, I rarely using it in softimage.
In any case, I remember brad said they have not interest in history stack. Now many things has caged, because Brad said they never will port Modo on linux...
In any case, must waiting the full release features. They are very close with the release of 2014 suite by ADSK
In any case, I remember brad said they have not interest in history stack. Now many things has caged, because Brad said they never will port Modo on linux...
In any case, must waiting the full release features. They are very close with the release of 2014 suite by ADSK
-
jamination
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 19:58
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
Has anyone dared to use Modo for character animation, Modo 601 looks severely lacking, and I don't see any updates in 701.
Phil Harbath
Jamination Productions
Jamination Productions
-
gustavoeb
- Moderator
- Posts: 587
- Joined: 20 Jul 2010, 22:33
- Skype: gustavoboehs
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
about modo701 particles, says a guy in cgtalk:
if so, it's something I really miss in ICE... although it can be hacked.It's fully integrated with dynamic items (bi directional) and node based
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/
-
Mathaeus
- Posts: 1778
- Joined: 08 Jun 2009, 19:11
- Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
Well it's intended just to be a stupid comment from a side, just to establish communication after these unpleasant closing-opening threads. Let's say, I do not have a power to close or open some thread, but I can hit a small stone... My apologies.Letterbox wrote:
What's with the personal attacks?
If you want to argue with what he says, fine, but really, insulting someone like this does not do YOU any favors.
Honestly I don't care that much about loyalties to 3d software, especially I don't care as someone responsible to work of others ( well ... except when it comes to POV-Ray ). BUT, if we disrespect this traditional love and hate, entire Pandora Box is open, giving a good ground for those who are able to respect them - imho, Foundry and Luxology in this case. That's all what I wanted to say.
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
New GUI for animation promising improvement in this field, but must wait the official release.jamination wrote:Has anyone dared to use Modo for character animation, Modo 601 looks severely lacking, and I don't see any updates in 701.
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
-
nicoM
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 09:24
-
Maximus
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 13:45
-
t4d
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 06 May 2012, 02:26
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
I've been modeling in modo since 102 and 701 makes a point where is really can be used to replace softimage there are still many rough edges to it compared to SI and the interface is not a design as well as SI and well alot of things are not as good as SI =)
BUT compared to maya .. modo is really Cool =) and will be getting modo into more then just modelling since 701 for sure..
BUT compared to maya .. modo is really Cool =) and will be getting modo into more then just modelling since 701 for sure..
-
Nizar
- Posts: 725
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 20:54
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
My main interest in modo is about render engine, I found it very good, simple to use and, strange for many, I like shader tree.
About modelling, I prefer the more consistent softimage tools. Modo has some nice tools, like retopology pen or bridge, but the workflow in softimage is more smooth.
Also rigging and paint weight in modo is a more slow process compared to softimage and in 601 viewport is put in difficulty when I try to paint some complex meshes (in 701 they declaring a very strong viewport perfomance)
About modelling, I prefer the more consistent softimage tools. Modo has some nice tools, like retopology pen or bridge, but the workflow in softimage is more smooth.
Also rigging and paint weight in modo is a more slow process compared to softimage and in 601 viewport is put in difficulty when I try to paint some complex meshes (in 701 they declaring a very strong viewport perfomance)
-
nicoM
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 09:24
-
Sil3
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:17
Re: Modo 701 around the corner
Yea 701 is starting to be interesting... really interesting in fact... they are optimizing workflows on every release... contrary to what AD did since it got Softimage... 601 was still not there regarding Character Animation IMO... need to try 701 and start making taking decisions since i already stopped seeing the light at the end of tunnel regarding anything except ICE and even there...