SIC meeting in London - who will come?

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
User avatar
Rez007
Posts: 609
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
Location: Nevada

Re: SIC meeting in London - who will come?

Post by Rez007 » 18 Jan 2013, 18:53

angus_davidson wrote:Hopefully they will give the community at large some feedback soon.
When that happens, it will most likely take place during the same business quarter as which 2014 will be released - I believe that is how their policy works.

(idk...but I think their new quarter might start in February?)

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: SIC meeting in London - who will come?

Post by Bullit » 18 Jan 2013, 19:15

I would be more interested in questions asked than in what autodesk said. What artists in the top want from Softimage?

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: SIC meeting in London - who will come?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 19 Jan 2013, 09:50

Bullit wrote:What artists in the top want from Softimage?
While I agree, the questions asked at that specific meeting might have been even more interesting than the specific answers provided by AD representatives, I really wouldn’t go so far as to start seeing those who were able to attend as the “artists in the top”. Those who were there quite simply were those who were able to attend. Nothing more, nothing less...
They themselves might see this differently of course... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
Rez007
Posts: 609
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 14:51
Location: Nevada

Re: SIC meeting in London - who will come?

Post by Rez007 » 19 Jan 2013, 16:58

Bullit wrote:I would be more interested in questions asked than in what autodesk said. What artists in the top want from Softimage?
Hirazi Blue wrote:While I agree, the questions asked at that specific meeting might have been even more interesting than the specific answers provided by AD representatives, I really wouldn’t go so far as to start seeing those who were able to attend as the “artists in the top”. Those who were there quite simply were those who were able to attend. Nothing more, nothing less...
They themselves might see this differently of course...
While I agree it would be nice to hear what some of the artists might have asked, I doubt you will see anyone posting anything online until Autodesk makes the first move. There is most likely a strong possibility that the NDA was more of a sweeping NDA where whatever was discussed or brought to the table by either party is off-limits to anyone outside of the NDA agreement, and not just an NDA that states that one cannot mention what Autodesk was bringing to the table solely. The reason for this, is that if people who attended start posting the questions they asked, others can start to put the dots together, so to say, and deduce a possible conclusion of what took place at the event and formulate an opinion of where they see Softimage heading...just a possiblity that I thought about, I could be wrong.

Bullit
Moderator
Posts: 2621
Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44

Re: SIC meeting in London - who will come?

Post by Bullit » 19 Jan 2013, 19:27

Those who were there quite simply were those who were able to attend. Nothing more, nothing less...
They themselves might see this differently of course...
:)
The reason for this, is that if people who attended start posting the questions they asked, others can start to put the dots together, so to say...
I agree that some questions if they came later could tell Autodesk information and will be under NDA. But i wouldn't mind the "virgin" questions. What they want Softimage be able to do in the future.