XSI Base down?
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: XSI Base down?
a sad day for the Terminatrix avatar.
-
Falam
Re: XSI Base down?
I said everyone should migrate to si-community, I think I was the only one who saw the signs. I also did say that Autodesk would under go changes as well, I should give myself more credit 
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
Re: XSI Base down?
I did that as well, i have 1926 web pages from XSIbase. The great thing about this is that i don't need usually to open them to see and read them, the Windows Preview pane in explorer shows them.Sil3 wrote:This is one of the reasons why I save every webpage if it has info that I need/use.
I have dozens of XSI webpages in .mht format in case I need to revisit something and because their search was simply awfull, I got the habit of saving them for later read if the Topic interested me even if I wasn't searching for that specific subject
Xsibase had tons of info and not everything in Softimage needs ICE ;)
-
druitre
- Posts: 471
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 21:35
Re: XSI Base down?
Sil3 + Bullit: would it be possible for you to upload that (zipped)? It would be a hell of a job to convert it to something useable on this site though.... a new community project? 
-
Sil3
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:17
Re: XSI Base down?
druitre wrote:Sil3 + Bullit: would it be possible for you to upload that (zipped)? It would be a hell of a job to convert it to something useable on this site though.... a new community project?
Hey,
Well I don't have as many as Bullit, probably less than 200 pages and more oriented to rigging/skeletons but off course. Ill try rar and upload them today to Dropbox.
-
Hirazi Blue
- Administrator
- Posts: 5113
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15
Re: XSI Base down?
I'd propose merging all zip archives that might surface into one master zip file and then "we" (the si-community) could consider, Owei willing and depending on the actual file size, hosting the resulting zip here as one central download. As to making all these files usable for everyday use, that would be best left to the "end user", I'm afraid... (a little "local" search engine should do the trick)
;)
PS: don't forget about the Wayback Machine,
which seems to have crawled the xsibase quite a lot, but not so much recently...
;)
PS: don't forget about the Wayback Machine,
which seems to have crawled the xsibase quite a lot, but not so much recently...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!
-
Qwesto
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 14:57
- Skype: joetello
Re: XSI Base down?
Did they confirm that the site is dead, already?
-
Bullit
- Moderator
- Posts: 2621
- Joined: 24 May 2012, 07:44
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: XSI Base down?
I don't know if Raff was planning any kind of official statement, but he did confirm the site is dead unfortunately.Qwesto wrote:Did they confirm that the site is dead, already?
-
Shredder565
- Posts: 1107
- Joined: 02 Jan 2012, 19:04
Re: XSI Base down?
damn, had a popular thread going that hardly anyone was posting in
.. guess it's a good thing i continued most of it here 
must have been visiting that site since 2006..3DInTraining signing off from XSI BAse
must have been visiting that site since 2006..3DInTraining signing off from XSI BAse
-
EricTRocks
- Moderator
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 00:41
Re: XSI Base down?
Yeah I suppose it may have been useful for newer people. I couldnt' tell as the same questions were posted month after month after month... didn't seem like google was working.
The google searches will slowly start to turn to other places with relevant info. I've started a few sticky topics in the programming forum so the common questions can be easily found. We should do the same for the other topics as well.
The google searches will slowly start to turn to other places with relevant info. I've started a few sticky topics in the programming forum so the common questions can be easily found. We should do the same for the other topics as well.
-
xeraphine
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:05
Re: XSI Base down?
Recently i made a "backup" with HTTrack, is a mess to find something but i know the information is there. For the noobs it was a very good place to start. 
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: XSI Base down?
where do I get my Teenage Mutant Turtle update now?
seriously, I wonder if there has been new influx of users here?
seriously, I wonder if there has been new influx of users here?
-
Falam
Re: XSI Base down?
Everything comes to a end. I read alot of Philosophy and that is just how life works, it's a cycle or for those who know physics, what goes up, must come _______. I don't know what your ideology is on a life, but regardless there are basic principles that apply no matter how you think about life.
-
Sil3
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 21:17
Re: XSI Base down?
As promised here it is the pages in .mht format that I have on some rigging subjects:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8580130/XSIBas ... gPages.rar
Please bear in mind that this are pages from old past and to some present that I saved from time to time when searching for some Topic and others because the Topic could interest me and I hadn't time to read them, so I saved them. They might not be advanced Topics for the majority of you guys but they might help someone like they helped me.
Unfortunately there are only 56 pages (that I could find), I probably have more scattered in some external HD´s and I´ll upload them when as soon as found.
All those that have saved some as well, please post them too
ps: When saving rars from Dropbox the extension becomes .NOPE... don't have a clue why, simply rename the .NOPE to .rar after download
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8580130/XSIBas ... gPages.rar
Please bear in mind that this are pages from old past and to some present that I saved from time to time when searching for some Topic and others because the Topic could interest me and I hadn't time to read them, so I saved them. They might not be advanced Topics for the majority of you guys but they might help someone like they helped me.
Unfortunately there are only 56 pages (that I could find), I probably have more scattered in some external HD´s and I´ll upload them when as soon as found.
All those that have saved some as well, please post them too
ps: When saving rars from Dropbox the extension becomes .NOPE... don't have a clue why, simply rename the .NOPE to .rar after download