Using ICE to drive time source at Object Scope
-
TwinSnakes007
- Posts: 316
- Joined: 06 Jun 2011, 14:00
Re: Using ICE to drive time source at Object Scope
Here ya go. A scene with a working digital counter using particles.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
claudevervoort
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 00:56
- Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Re: Using ICE to drive time source at Object Scope
Nice setup! Definitely going to be more cumbersome than just playing with textures on my object, and so i'm torn between that and using the multi switch. Anyway thanks for taking the time to build it!
Claude
Claude
-
3DMastermind
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 16:51
Re: Using ICE to drive time source at Object Scope
Hi Claude.
I see you logged the issue with support.
This only works if you apply the texture on the actual particles/instances, like sprites.
However, it looks like you applied a texture on an object.
I did a test and it does work when using particles.
Basically the object you apply a 'time source' value to other than current time, must be part of an ICE simulation.
I have sent you my sample scene.
I see you logged the issue with support.
This only works if you apply the texture on the actual particles/instances, like sprites.
However, it looks like you applied a texture on an object.
I did a test and it does work when using particles.
Basically the object you apply a 'time source' value to other than current time, must be part of an ICE simulation.
I have sent you my sample scene.
Manny Papamanos
AD Softimage and MotionBuilder Support Specialist
AD Softimage and MotionBuilder Support Specialist
-
claudevervoort
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 00:56
- Location: Montréal, QC, Canada
Re: Using ICE to drive time source at Object Scope
Yep I know it works when using shape instantiation, and I thought neither the doc nor Softimage itself (since it actually proposes those attributes that cannot work in the time source drop down) were clear on that limitation, and why I thought it might even be a bug. But I have beaten that one to death, haven't I?
I've setup a 1 particle instance mesh to use my original mesh to make it work, and yes it does...
Thanks for the prompt answer!
Claude
Thanks for the prompt answer!
Claude