Studios using Softimage
-
luceric
- Posts: 1252
- Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 22:08
Re: Studios using Softimage
is it just me or that studio map web site is terrible? some of Softimage's publicly known clients in Japan: Capcom, Sega, Square ENIX, Konami, Tecmo, Level-5, Platinum Games, Bandai Namco.
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Studios using Softimage
Hi Luceric,
Most likely it's not the map but the information that was provided that is questionable i.e most of the studios you mentioned have no entry at all in what software they use/prefer or a N/C so the search engine don't pick them up.
I'll add those studios to the list!
Keep it coming, it's looking good every day!
Most likely it's not the map but the information that was provided that is questionable i.e most of the studios you mentioned have no entry at all in what software they use/prefer or a N/C so the search engine don't pick them up.
I'll add those studios to the list!
Keep it coming, it's looking good every day!
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
scaron
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 03:16
Re: Studios using Softimage
Whiskytree, San Fran California
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Studios using Softimage
Thanks scaron, Whiskytree is at page 23 of the main list.
I also find some ads for job at Pixar in 2010 and 2011. Should I add them to the List?
Almost reaching 400, compare to Maya and Max, almost half mark. Granted, we don't have the number of licences/seats to truly compare but that is a better picture than what the doom and gloom stories let us believe.
Go Softimage, Go!
I also find some ads for job at Pixar in 2010 and 2011. Should I add them to the List?
Almost reaching 400, compare to Maya and Max, almost half mark. Granted, we don't have the number of licences/seats to truly compare but that is a better picture than what the doom and gloom stories let us believe.
Go Softimage, Go!
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Studios using Softimage
Just seen on XSI List a studio looking for a XSI TD. Yu+Co. Added to the list.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
theboykidney
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 11 Jul 2012, 17:01
Re: Studios using Softimage
London:
Seed Animation
Lola
Passion Pictures
The Mill
Fluid pictures
Studio AKA
Atticus Finch
Lumiere Studios
might be worth amending the first post with all the additions [and subtractions] in the rest of the thread?
Seed Animation
Lola
Passion Pictures
The Mill
Fluid pictures
Studio AKA
Atticus Finch
Lumiere Studios
might be worth amending the first post with all the additions [and subtractions] in the rest of the thread?
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Studios using Softimage
I agree, it's getting slightly confusing.theboykidney wrote:might be worth amending the first post with all the additions [and subtractions] in the rest of the thread?
Some more for London
Jellyfish Pictures
Prime Focus
Sky
Glassworks
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Studios using Softimage
Thanks theboykidney for the studios. Your list of studios is already listed in the first thread so none were added to the second thread.
Thanks SamHowell for your list as well. Most of the studio you listed are already listed in the first thread so they were added to the second thread. Sky is new and not appearing on the first tread list so I have added it to the second thread.
To be clear, I search the main list of the first thread for every response so far. If the studio is on the list and identified itself as using Softimage, I don't add it to the second list. If the studio does not appear on the main list, then I add it to the second list. Those that confirmed that the studio closed were removed as well. Every response was cross checked and added when required, so you don't have to go through the entire threads to find a studio.
Hope that help, Cheers!
Thanks SamHowell for your list as well. Most of the studio you listed are already listed in the first thread so they were added to the second thread. Sky is new and not appearing on the first tread list so I have added it to the second thread.
To be clear, I search the main list of the first thread for every response so far. If the studio is on the list and identified itself as using Softimage, I don't add it to the second list. If the studio does not appear on the main list, then I add it to the second list. Those that confirmed that the studio closed were removed as well. Every response was cross checked and added when required, so you don't have to go through the entire threads to find a studio.
Hope that help, Cheers!
Last edited by Daniel Brassard on 28 Nov 2012, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
SamHowell
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
- Location: Birmingham
Re: Studios using Softimage
Oh right, I see now. I should have read the thread properly.
Cool beans, keep up the good work.
Cool beans, keep up the good work.
-
mattmos
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 15:59
Re: Studios using Softimage
In the UK, JS3D has become Kettle and is listed on cgstudiomap. Eclipse Creative also has become Mint Motion.
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Studios using Softimage
Thanks Mattmos, I'll correct the list to remove JS 3D and Eclipse Creation (a duplicate obviously).
So far, 393 studios (counting those with multiple locations), not bad at all!
So far, 393 studios (counting those with multiple locations), not bad at all!
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
Falam
Re: Studios using Softimage
Are all the studios only in England, I don't foresee myself every visiting England. Can we begin to get some lists for North America ?
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Studios using Softimage
Like These? 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
Falam
Re: Studios using Softimage
Interesting, not that many, interestingDaniel Brassard wrote:Like These?
-
talent103
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 14:47
- Location: New York City
Re: Studios using Softimage
Unfortunately I see less studios using it these days. Less students learning it. 2 place I used to work at have switched to Maya. XSI gets less publicity these days as well. Not a good trend.
-
Falam
Re: Studios using Softimage
You can always go "solo" artist
I think is common in the Softimage community. I don't see how a Maya studio wouldn't want to pick up a Softimage Artist, if they are atleast at intermediate level of knowledge. Heck I'd buy my own Softimage license and just blend it with the Maya pipeline.