Particles Local Orientation outwards - How to?
Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)
Unfurl Disclaimer: This is from the resourcedump thread on si-community.com so »some restrictions may apply« (but usually don't)
Video demo here. Rob shares a scene relating to an inquiry by si-community user Maximus: I've setup this and now i want every single particle (instance) to point outwards locally, not all together. I tried to modify the particle orientation but everything i do is done on all particles not on single also i cant find a way to have a proper orientation.I am having this problem quite often and would be nice to create a compound that works once for all. [..]
Continue reading in the si-community thread which seems to provide a few additional solutions to Maximus' question.
local backup: fibbonnaci_send.scn
Video demo here. Rob shares a scene relating to an inquiry by si-community user Maximus: I've setup this and now i want every single particle (instance) to point outwards locally, not all together. I tried to modify the particle orientation but everything i do is done on all particles not on single also i cant find a way to have a proper orientation.I am having this problem quite often and would be nice to create a compound that works once for all. [..]
Continue reading in the si-community thread which seems to provide a few additional solutions to Maximus' question.
local backup: fibbonnaci_send.scn
author site: https://sites.google.com/site/tekanoice / si-community thread
-
Daniel Brassard
- Posts: 878
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 22:38
- Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Re: Particles Local Orientation outwards - How to?
Small instance, close to the center. As it is moving outward, the particle rotate outward, get larger and move down the "stem" while new particles appear at the center.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: Particles Local Orientation outwards - How to?
what? I dont get it - this is what points 2 & 3 already do! oh, unless you mean as the Fibonacci sequence is growing? Am not sure about that because I borrowed the Fibonacci compound made by Cesar Saez from here http://traypen.com/rr/bak/cesar/Fibonac ... Number.rar found on http://rray.de and think it just generates them all at once rather than over time
[silent edit .. changed all links from sculptwork.com to traypen.com -rr]
[silent edit .. changed all links from sculptwork.com to traypen.com -rr]
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.
-
Tekano
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:49
- Location: London, UK
Re: Particles Local Orientation outwards - How to?
sorta like this? not sure what your talking about from stem but heres it growing, tilting and spreading from a keyframed fibonnaci pattern growth
Gossip is what no one claims to like, but everybody enjoys.