Issue with Kristinka and Vray

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
Clagman
Posts: 28
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 16:28

Re: Issue with Kristinka and Vray

Post by Clagman » 05 Nov 2012, 15:50

It's in a separate area. You'll have to contact help desk to get login.

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: Issue with Kristinka and Vray

Post by Pancho » 06 Nov 2012, 18:59

Thanks! Received my password and the link to the files. Do I just need to pull the new addon in SI? Is that all? Can't find an entry in the "installed programs" for Vray. Can't remember if I even installed it... Is it just the addOn? Got the version with a dongle.

Clagman
Posts: 28
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 16:28

Re: Issue with Kristinka and Vray

Post by Clagman » 06 Nov 2012, 23:24

Just the addon. Quick and easy. Of course you may want to wait for the official sp1 release before using in production.

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: Issue with Kristinka and Vray

Post by Pancho » 07 Nov 2012, 08:44

Cheers! The only thing I need to figure out is ow to work with Vray in an efficient way. Starting with a default scene, when you are opening SI. Do you usually keep the MR lights and cameras in the scene at the same position as the Vray ones to be able to switch between both renderers? I guess the might be scenes in which you want to render some stuff in Vray and other items in MR.

Stephen Blair recently show something for arnold and how to make it the default renderer. Probably there's a way to transform his stuff into a Vray default scene workflow.

Clagman
Posts: 28
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 16:28

Re: Issue with Kristinka and Vray

Post by Clagman » 07 Nov 2012, 13:18

I made a script to replace elements so its easy to switch out lights and cameras. Don't forget about changing materials as well.

Pancho
Posts: 659
Joined: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28

Re: Issue with Kristinka and Vray

Post by Pancho » 07 Nov 2012, 14:48

Clever! I doubt that I'll be able to bend my head around scripting, though it sounds like a convenient way to deal with it. But probably the recording of a script may work.