xsibase "may harm your computer" [???]

New plugins, tools etc.
User avatar
SamHowell
Posts: 364
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
Location: Birmingham

Re: xsibase "may harm your computer" [???]

Post by SamHowell » 05 Jul 2012, 10:20

mattmos wrote:Hoping it will be possible to salvage the bulk of the forum data, but front page functionality is another matter :(
Well that's at least something. The legacy of forum posts is the most precious thing.
Last edited by SamHowell on 05 Jul 2012, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: xsibase "may harm your computer" [???]

Post by Hirazi Blue » 05 Jul 2012, 11:43

I removed my Browser in a Box post, although a virtual machine running only a browser really can come in handy with sites known to be infected with malware.
mattmos wrote:Hoping it will be possible to salvage the bulk of the forum data, but front page functionality is another matter :(
That sounds very serious. When it comes to not knowing if you can salvage the complete database, wouldn't it be best to put the xsibase in some kind of archive mode (no logon/no new posts) temporarily, as you might otherwise lose your newest posts anyway? Apart from the fact that the forum now only gets visited by users "who dare", making the continuation of certain threads problematic IMHO (Chris Chia's bug thread to name one).
:-\
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
grendizer
Posts: 94
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 10:41
Skype: uforobotgrendizerus

Re: xsibase "may harm your computer" [???]

Post by grendizer » 07 Aug 2012, 09:57

Any news on this front? I'm avoiding XSIBase these days, because of the malware, but I miss it.
BTW: IE9 and Opera do not mention any threat. Chrome and Firefox do.

User avatar
origin
Posts: 619
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 09:59
Location: warsaw

Re: xsibase "may harm your computer" [???]

Post by origin » 07 Aug 2012, 10:19

save the huge database of knowledge and import it here :D

User avatar
SamHowell
Posts: 364
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 12:09
Location: Birmingham

Re: xsibase "may harm your computer" [???]

Post by SamHowell » 07 Aug 2012, 12:05

I'm avoiding it too. I just don't want to take the chance.

Is this how it's going to be from now on? I seriously hope not.