Object Method.
http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/sdk ... rarchy.htm
Use OM is always recommended because it's faster than using commands, doesn't log, and because you'll be working with objects, not names (strings). Commands use names(strings) instead.
A simple case:
OM:
selection(0).name = "asdf"
Command:
SetValue(selection(0).name, "asdf")
SetValue command is not that slow if you turn logs off though.
But I was mistaken in my previous post. You could still using Commands if you get the current material library.
Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB
Access Stamp UV mesh through scripting
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: Access Stamp UV mesh through scripting
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
Pete
- Posts: 118
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 07:28
Re: Access Stamp UV mesh through scripting
Thanks heaps for the help Myara! I'm Lovin' the script! I'll try to find the time to clean it up a little more and re-upload it.
-
myara
- Posts: 406
- Joined: 28 Sep 2011, 08:33
Re: Access Stamp UV mesh through scripting
I just realized, a little late
, that Kim Aldis script does work with UVs too, you just have to select the Texture Projection before exporting.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)
-
bottleofram
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:21
Re: Access Stamp UV mesh through scripting
EPSExporter? Yeah, but its buggy, i think.myara wrote:I just realized, a little late, that Kim Aldis script does work with UVs too, you just have to select the Texture Projection before exporting.
Ive run into same trouble using it. At one point, i couldn't figure out how, but it completely corrupted my scene. Textures would show one thing in viewport, the other in render tree (thumbnails) and randomly switch between those two for actual render. Pretty sure EPSExport was the culprit.