Softimage 2010 announced

News concerning 3D DCC business
User avatar
Rork
Posts: 1359
Joined: 09 Jul 2009, 06:59
Location: Close to The Hague, Netherlands

Re: Softimage 2010 announced

Post by Rork » 06 Aug 2009, 06:58

From a production standpoint it -is- a proper upgrade. Lots of bugfixes and speed improvements. If that will save you days on a production, you'll be a happy camper. A dev team has only so many hours in a day, if they spend it on this, I won't complain.

And being this emotional about AD is a bit 6th grade, I don't like the way they do business either, but going that far....

Now... where's that extended upgrade offer? ;)
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

Lord Futzi Voldemort
Posts: 440
Joined: 06 Jun 2009, 12:01

Re: Softimage 2010 announced

Post by Lord Futzi Voldemort » 10 Sep 2009, 18:21

mypeople wrote:....they could have done pie menus, new interface...
What for?
I'm now part of an endangered species...

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2010 announced

Post by Hirazi Blue » 19 Sep 2009, 08:39

This question has come up on the Mailing List as well, but hasn't been answered at the time of this writing: is there / will there be a "fixed bugs & known issues" list for SI2010? And if so, where can it be downloaded? (And, obviously, if not: why not?) :D
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
redmotion
Posts: 150
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 16:38
Location: London

Re: Softimage 2010 announced

Post by redmotion » 19 Sep 2009, 09:40

Lord Futzi Voldemort wrote:
mypeople wrote:....they could have done pie menus, new interface...
What for?
I always find it amusing when someone MOVING from one app expects the new app to become like the old one! I mean, why MOVE? Just use the old app!!

calmasacow
Posts: 52
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 15:53

Re: Softimage 2010 announced

Post by calmasacow » 23 Sep 2009, 15:25

Hirazi Blue wrote:This question has come up on the Mailing List as well, but hasn't been answered at the time of this writing: is there / will there be a "fixed bugs & known issues" list for SI2010? And if so, where can it be downloaded? (And, obviously, if not: why not?) :D

Of course not. Autodesk software does not contain bugs.

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2010 announced

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Sep 2009, 19:11

One would think so, especially if one sees the lack of response to the requests for a bugfix list and a known issues list on the XSI Mailing List. However, for Softimage 7.5, officially the second release under Autodesk, such lists still were provided... :-?

Let's hope someone @ Autodesk Softimage finds the time to put the SI2010 versions of these lists online soon... :-j
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

User avatar
3DTutorial
Posts: 66
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 19:59
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Softimage 2010 announced

Post by 3DTutorial » 23 Sep 2009, 22:18

Hirazi Blue wrote:One would think so, especially if one sees the lack of response to the requests for a bugfix list and a known issues list on the XSI Mailing List. However, for Softimage 7.5, officially the second release under Autodesk, such lists still were provided... :-?

Let's hope someone @ Autodesk Softimage finds the time to put the SI2010 versions of these lists online soon... :-j

I think it's unlikely you will ever see such a list be made public. Known bug lists were something that Avid used to do, but to my knowledge (and I could be mistaken) I don't believe this is a practice that Autodesk takes part in. It's possible that I am incorrect, however, I use a lot of other AD products and I don't remember seeing an extensive known bug list being made available to the general public.

Cheers,

J
Certified Softimage Instructor & Old Timer
Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/JoeSaltzman

User avatar
Hirazi Blue
Administrator
Posts: 5113
Joined: 04 Jun 2009, 10:15

Re: Softimage 2010 announced

Post by Hirazi Blue » 24 Sep 2009, 08:00

While I agree, these lists will probably won't materialize anymore, as far as it not being Autodesks policy to provide such lists, it's interesting to note they are still provided for the Crosswalk 4.0 release... :-
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Letterbox
Posts: 391
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 12:49

Re: Softimage 2010 announced

Post by Letterbox » 24 Sep 2009, 13:21

I think it should be kept ie making this list of items available.

It must certainly help people know what to avoid or be careful using. Rather than proceed with a production only later to lose time and cause huge amounts of frustration, only then to be told "it's known".